Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Does this sound crazy to you?

When I was first married to Joan, her mother Carrie helped us out financially. That was many years ago. We never paid her back the money she gave us. Fast forward to the present. Joan and I had a friendly divorce and she has remarried.

I am in a MUCH better financial position now than when we were first married. I have evolved over the years and I now believe that it is the morally right thing to do to pay Carrie back the money she gave/loaned us with interest. I did this by depositing the money directly into her bank account so no one else had access to this money.

All of my friends that know what I did tell me I am crazy for doing this. They tell me I did not owe Carrie anything. Even my ex wife Joan are unhappy that I gave this money to her mother because she said I made her and her new husband look bad as they don’t have any money to give to her mom.

Does what I did sound crazy to you?

it dont sound crazy to me

You are divorced and no longer psrt of the family stop this foolish behavior, you owe her nothing 

• Rick

What you did was responsible and not crazy in the least.  You did the right thing and Joan feels guilty, so she's trying to make you feel guilty.  Joan needs to deal with how she feels without making it about her issues and feelings.

Sounds good and right. Perhaps you could speak to other people less about your bank account and fiscal choices That will stop them from telling you what to do with your money. Joan sounds crazy.

No, this is no crazier than the last 10 times you posted it.

Another dull weekend around the house, R2D4?

• Judith

I LOVE the part where R2D4 went anonymous.  He thinks that is going to save his fanny?