Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

If you won 10 million dollars how would you spend it?

Personally I'd buy a house and build an apartment complex or a bunch of town houses. I'd try to spend as much as possible on this before tax season. I'd then retire in my house and make income from renting out all my other properties. I'd invest most of the remaining money. Spend some on a new car. Maybe travel.

• Give my mother & siblings enough to live on, and travel until I felt like being stationary. 

i would provide for myself and the homeless

I would quietly retire in a city where no one knows me and would never let on that I was a millionaire.

• $10,000,000 after taxes?

First thing I'd do is pay off my mortgage and the mortgages of my brothers, aunts/uncles, and 1st cousins.  Altogether, that would work out to about $2,000,000 spent.

I'd set aside about $1,500,000 to purchase a nice chunk of land in Tennessee, maybe North Carolina, near the Appalachians.  If I could purchase about 50 acres, I could build cabins for myself, my parents, my siblings and their families, and the families of my cousins as well.

So now I'm down to $6,500,000.  I suppose I'd let an investor handle that for me.  If I could make about 5% per year, that'd be fine.  That'd be $325,000 per year, before taxes, and I'd use $200,000 each year to enact my next plan.

1) Become an FFL and open a gun store.  If you want to buy a gun from my store, you'll have to demonstrate competency and knowledge of the weapon you're purchasing.  You can always get your guns somewhere else, but if you want them from my store, then you have to abide by my requirements.  The guarantee is that anybody who purchases a gun from my establishment has shown that they appreciate and understand the weapon that they now own.  I feel like way too many gun stores revel in a ridiculously flashy gun culture where they want their customers to feel empowered by a coolness factor, and as long as the person passes the bare minimum legal requirements, then the store will sell anything to them.  To me, that's reckless, socially irresponsible, and dangerous.  If I had millions backing me, I can afford to have principles.

2) Open a bail bonds service.  The difference between myself and other bondsmen would be that you get your money back if you either get the charges dropped or you're acquitted.  A plea deal won't cut it.  95% of criminal charges end in a plea deal because it's too costly to go to trial for most people and if they lose, then the punishment they face is much, much greater than if they just took the deal.  I want innocent people to be rewarded for their courage to stand up for themselves against the system when they're wrongfully accused.

3)  Open a debt collection agency that deals specifically in purchasing medical and student-loan debts.  Oftentimes, a business will sell a debt for a nickel or less on the dollar to a collections agency.  The business writes it off as a loss on their taxes, and the agency purchases a $20,000 debt for $1,000.  These agencies will then try to get the entire $20,000 from someone and they'll oftentimes end up taking people to court over it.  What I would do is purchase that debt for $1,000, call up the person who owed it and offer to absolve them for $1,050 ($50 for administration fees).  That way, I don't lose any money, their debt is forgiven, and I can turn around and do the same thing for someone else.  If the person refuses to pay me, I can just sell their debt to another collection agency for the same amount I spent.  Then they can deal with a company who will take them to court and harass them endlessly.

So that's what I would do.  Also, 2 chicks at the same time.

Yes.

But by the time taxes come to collect, it will knock you down to $5 mill.

So... I'd buy 4 average but big houses and land in the city. The rest is grocery and utility money.

I would move closer to my boyfriend, start a fresh life and say goodbye to my family who never had anything to do with me my whole 31 years of existance, my dad is abusive too

• Kathy

Pay off the taxes on it, pay bills, buy a car and a house. Then I would travel.

Live killer whales are about one million each. I would buy ten of them and start a gofundme for their swimming pool.

Blow it all on crack and hookers.

I would spend some on wine, women and song, the rest I would waste.