Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Are female prisons less violent than male prisons?

In female prisons, inmates usually high five each other when it comes to murder (especially if the victim is a male). I also heard s3xual predators are treated more leniently in such prisons.

While in male prisons, men who alledgly (yes, alledged) do bad to females have a target on their back. We already know how predators are treated in male prisons.

Update:

I came with that conclusion, and from movies I seen. Like a female who off her husband, her fellow inmates will say "he probably deserved it".

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I've seen that in movies too - women in prison being congratulated for offing a bf or husband, usually by another female who has done the same. It's probably just fine with other women who are murderers, not so fine with women who aren't. If I were in prison with Jodi Arias I wouldn't make it a point to be her friend. And I doubt sexual predators are popular, especially among women who are mothers.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

If i had to make an educated guess, i'd guess female prisons could have more violence. Females can often be little terrors.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Women’s prisons are less crowded, better policed, newer and have more activities.   The U.S. spends twice as much per female inmate than male.  Same with a Canada.   

• sian
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I doubt that's true but good if it was.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

This is delusional. Most women's prisons are minimum and medium security because they don't house violent or sexual offenders. Violent and sexual female offenders are rare and go to max prisons, of which there are also few (because there aren't enough prisoners to fill them). It's slightly different in the US (more violent) but for example, there are only 800 women in prison in the entire country of Canada. There are only ~1,300 in the UK. The bulk of these are property and drug crimes.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes because they’re soft and weak 

• 2 months ago

Women still make up the majority of murder victims within relationships(friends and family), even though men make up the majority of murder victims in terms of acquaintances and strangers. 

• Elana
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Source?

• Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nope. Female prisoners are actually three times as likely to sexually assault another inmate. 

• Elana
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Source?

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

How do you know?  What is this  nonsense about what you have heard?  Heard from inmates or who?

• 2 months ago

You think sexual predators do better in a woman's prison?  You think a person who's messed with children is going to get off lighter with moms?  You're an idiot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.