Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Are female prisons less violent than male prisons?

In female prisons, inmates usually high five each other when it comes to murder (especially if the victim is a male). I also heard s3xual predators are treated more leniently in such prisons.

While in male prisons, men who alledgly (yes, alledged) do bad to females have a target on their back. We already know how predators are treated in male prisons.

I came with that conclusion, and from movies I seen. Like a female who off her husband, her fellow inmates will say "he probably deserved it".

I've seen that in movies too - women in prison being congratulated for offing a bf or husband, usually by another female who has done the same. It's probably just fine with other women who are murderers, not so fine with women who aren't. If I were in prison with Jodi Arias I wouldn't make it a point to be her friend. And I doubt sexual predators are popular, especially among women who are mothers.

If i had to make an educated guess, i'd guess female prisons could have more violence. Females can often be little terrors.

Women’s prisons are less crowded, better policed, newer and have more activities.   The U.S. spends twice as much per female inmate than male.  Same with a Canada.   

• sian

I doubt that's true but good if it was.

This is delusional. Most women's prisons are minimum and medium security because they don't house violent or sexual offenders. Violent and sexual female offenders are rare and go to max prisons, of which there are also few (because there aren't enough prisoners to fill them). It's slightly different in the US (more violent) but for example, there are only 800 women in prison in the entire country of Canada. There are only ~1,300 in the UK. The bulk of these are property and drug crimes.

Yes because they’re soft and weak 

Women still make up the majority of murder victims within relationships(friends and family), even though men make up the majority of murder victims in terms of acquaintances and strangers. 

• Elana

Source?

• Bill

Nope. Female prisoners are actually three times as likely to sexually assault another inmate. 

• Elana

Source?

• Mandy

How do you know?  What is this  nonsense about what you have heard?  Heard from inmates or who?

You think sexual predators do better in a woman's prison?  You think a person who's messed with children is going to get off lighter with moms?  You're an idiot.