Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

why do females ask"what do you bring to the table"?. im like what do YOU BRING TO THE TABLE EXCEPT FOR....THAT?

You already know why they ask that, so why pretend to ask why? Judging by your attitude towards women, their question is a good one. Apparently you can't answer it.

Yeah no one comes out and says that. But as 50% of offices are made up of women and over 75% of mothers work, I'd say a LOT of them bring plenty to the table. And then they cook it, and wash the dishes and bathe the kids while working full time. On top of that, women tend to be more social. So quite frequently your partner IS your social life. Many, many men would not have one at all without their partner. Let's take a second to ask on this board how many men have even a single friend that isn't just a work or work-out acquaintance that they could call up at the last minute to talk through an issue they're having? My own spouse never kept up a single friendship. Refuses to contact his own siblings. Without me, he'd be living in a one room SRO. I also pay for his healthcare and the kids' healthcare. That's what I bring to the table.

I wouldn't date someone who asked me that question.  That's what dating is all about: finding out what the other person is like and if it's a match or not.  That question is dumb and makes it seem like you owe them something.  I would call that question a red flag ...get yourself a woman who knows how to be a nice partner, not someone who NEEDS something.

• Janet

BRAVO!

I have never ASKED a man that, or anything like that. Instead, I trust my observation over time to answer that question. And I stop dating a man if he doesn't not bring the personal qualities that I want.  I take about a year of dating before I make any judgement about whether or not I want to stay with this human being.

I like intelligence. Insight.  Kindness. Compassion.  Self-honesty and honesty with others. Ethics.  Depth of insight. And a basic level of contentment and satisfaction with who he is inside and with life in general. As well as emotional maturity and courage to face and work with his own emotional responses.

And the ability to hold down any kind of job long-term.  He doesn't have to make a lot of money, but I don't make enough to support both of us, so he does have to be able to pull his own weight.