Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Does medicare cover dental part or should I buy a plan for dental?

In the state of CT we have a dental plan that we pay for on our own.  My wife just got her teeth cleaned.  The bill was $490, dental insurance paid $74.  Guess who pays for the uncovered amount.  That price is ridiculous just to get a cleaning.  All they said was welcome to Corrupticut.

Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) will pay for certain dental services that you get when you're in a hospital

I have 2 looking for 3rd.  Physcians Mutual my year will be up May 2020 for implants, crowns, dentures, yearly max is $2k.  I have Met Life pays $50% for implants, bone grafts, extractions, dentures.  I have dentures about 5 years ago.  Hate them never wear them.  dont do it.  

• Eva

Medicare does not cover dental. Some advantage and supplement policies do. Weigh the cost of the insurance against what you think your annual expenses will be. It often doesn't pay much toward expensive procedures and you have to have been paying premiums for a year before they'll cover anything major.

• Bill

You should get a dental plan.

Rules vary by state.  Check with your state office medicare.