Can USPS hold my mail for three month while I was abroad?

I know USPS can hold my mail for 30 days. But I need to travel abroad for three month. Any solutions to that??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Have someone trusted to collect mail at your address or post office box. USPS won't hold it beyond 30 days. I lived in Italy for 14 years and just had house sitters save my mail for me. Then I collected it a couple of times a year when I came back for a weekend.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Get a private mail box and have USPS forward your mail to the box. 

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

USPS will only hold mail for 30 days.  From what I have read even at a PO Box mail can only accumulate for 30 days. 

Having your mail forwarded to a trusted friend or family me ever is your best bet.  

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can get a post office box (a large one) and have your mail forwarded to it.  All mail will be delivered there until you stop the forwarding.  You could also have it forwarded to a family member, neighbor, or friend who could hold it for you until you return.

• ...Show all comments
    • MS
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Well, I guess that's not an option anymore.  We used to do that when traveling for the summer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

they might hold it, just talk to the post office about it

• 1 month ago

You can have the mail forwarded to one of the packaging stores that have that service. You can pay for a large post office box and have mail forwarded there. See if a neighbor or relative will hold your mail.

If your move is temporary, you can use this service for as short as 15 days or as long as 1 year. After the first 6 months, you can extend for another 6 months.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.