What is the name of the powder that is used to sweeten pastries, like the ones in the picture?

Is this the same as sugar?

And I have to say that if you bake, I'm sure I WOULDN'T ENJOY YOUR BAKING.

I'm asking this, because I don't like berliners sprinkled with sugar (like they are served in my country), but I like these ones which are in accordance with their original recipe.

And aside from the filling, this powder doesn't taste the same to me as sugar...

Correctly answered it's powdered sugar, but what has not been told, is that if you must have some, you can use your blender, with regular refined sugar and voila!!

You may add it with a small strainer to almost anything baked and sweet for extra calories

Powdered sugar, also called confectioners sugar or icing sugar

Probably powdered sugar.

powdered sugar, 10 times  addictive. one teaspoon of this is like 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.

Powdered sugar

10X sugar

Icing sugar

It is sugar that has been processed until it is a powder and in most cases a bit of cornstarch is added to prevent caking in shipping and storage. 

It does have a different taste and texture as the sugar melts more easily than crystals in regular granulated sugar. 

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

Couldn't have described it better myself.

• Mintee

powdered sugar, or confectioners sugar... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powdered_sugar

Confectioners' sugar or icing sugar (it's different than the granulated form of sugar):

.

"Powdered sugar, also called confectioners' sugar or icing sugar, is a finely ground sugar produced by milling granulated sugar into a powdered state. It usually contains a small amount of anti-caking agent to prevent clumping and improve flow." Wikipedia

• Tavy

Icing sugar in the U.K. which is finely ground sugar.

It's icing sugar. In the USA I believe it's called powdered sugar.

I can't see the photo well enough to tell if it's superfine sugar or confectioner's (powdered) sugar.

Yes, it's all regular sugar but made into finer (smaller) grains/particles.