D3stroy3r asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Can looking at screens (computer, phone, tv) ruin your eyesight even more, or is that just a myth? ?

I’ve heard that looking at electronic screens often can make your nearsightedness even worse, especially when looking at your phone at nighttime. Is it true or a lie? 

Generally, I think it's mostly genetics that decide whether your eyesight is bad or not

• Mark

It's a myth.  Looking at electronic screens all day can cause eye fatigue (especially blue ones or really stark white ones), but that is not even CLOSE to being permanent.

• Not at all in my opinion

Many studies have been done to make a link. All have been unsuccessful when good scientific procedures are followed. Not provable and not true are two different things.

I don't know. But last year i had cataract surgery on one eye. The surgeon said it would only improve my distance vision and i'd still have to wear reading glasses. But i don't need reading glasses anymore. My close vision has improved since the surgery and my work involves using the computer. I also look at my phone a lot.

It is true. A lot of young people need glasses because they spend too much time looking at screens, and not much time looking at things at a distance. 

• Steven

It's what you believe, your going to get different answers when truth is nobody knows for sure... I believe it's true tho