What happens if your parents kick you out at 18?

you might have to stay in a shelter until you get a place

See if you can rent a room somewhere.  I was homeless and rented a place with fourteen roommates.  The shower kept breaking down but overall it was ok...honestly I rather not mention certain things that went on  I had to grin and bear it for a place to live.  Don't do drugs.  The police and social services are your friends talk to them they can help you.  The police got me off the streets I'm grateful.

What happens is up to you. Your parents dont legally have to house you after 18. 

My recommendation? If you dont have a job, get one. If you dont have a car or a friends house to crash at, try to find a shelter, or sometimes you can crash at Amtrak stations. Its degrading but if you need to use public sinks to wash yourself and stay presentable for job interviews, that's sometimes what you have to do. Been there. No fun but if you put the effort forward you can pull yourself out of this.

You would be homeless, and starving unless if you were to make choices that would change your fate.

I don't know what happens, but i'd guess the 18 year old needs to take a good look at what happened before he was 18 and what happened to cause him to be kicked out.... then he will need change up his behavior really quick, and get a job

It happens, often when there is a lot of friction. If this may happen to you then get a job or two, enough that you will work at least forty hours at minimum wage. Look for a place to live where you rent a room and share kitchen and bathroom with others. Watch your money.

You go to work and earn a living, go to school to eventually have a better job, or you end up homeless and helpless. It's your decision.

A lot of young adults in that situation join the military and earn a living, then go to college using benefits. Meanwhile, while earning a living in the military, you also find out what kind of work actually turns you on and that you are good at.

You;ll be on your own and expected too survive. It's part of the growing up process.

• Lib.rare.ian

There are many different ways to grow up. This is not the best way.

Offer to do more chores, pay more rent - or be such a loving son or daughter that they will want you to stay forever. Or ask their advice as to what to do.

It's a blessing in disguise.