Is this a bad photo?

Attachment image

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 day ago

Sadly, I'm going to have to say yes. Many a time people generally don't do themselves justice, or even know how to use the camera on their mobiles, that should take seriously great pictures in the right hands of course.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Very ...

Just another "selfie "...

Poor pose / lighting ....

Your background isn't straight .

• art
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

yes - there is a black girl in it

• Sarky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is not bad, it is truly terrible.

The background is a mess

the tilt is ridiculous

the lighting is terrible

it is terrible quality

and it is not well focused

Apart from that though, yeah it is great.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bee V3
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

yes the lighting could be way better

• 1 month ago

Technically, yes, it is a "bad" photo for reasons that Frank has already given you, no need for me to repeat the same things.

As he said, bad or good is objective. It's bad from a photography standpoint, but if all you want is a snapshot to give someone an idea of how you look, then it is "good enough" I would say. The photo gives the impression that you are a sweet girl, ... just not a good photographer! Nothing wrong with that! LOL

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's a photo only a mother would love!

• 1 month ago

I don't think that

• Frank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A photo being bad or good can be subjective.  However,  there are a few things that are objectively not good about this photo.  For one, the composition with the subject near dead center in the frame and the use of a dutch angle is poor.  The dutch angle was quite popular in the late 1990s-2000s.  It was used to invoke a feeling of disorder, chaos, or overall tension.  Therefore the use of the dutch angle here is not used properly.

Second, is the exposure.  The highlights are completely blown out and the dark areas (or the areas that should be very dark) are instead muddied.  This may be due to the image being underexposed and then having the overall exposure increased in post.  This would explain the high level of noise in the shadow/dark portions of the image such as the hair.  

The blown-out areas are further problematic in that the human eye naturally goes to the brightest areas of the frame.  Since the ceiling lights and her left (camera right) shoulder are the brightest parts of the image, this means that the viewer is heavily distracted away from the main subject.

The image suffers from an absurd amount of flare due to either a dirty or poor-quality lens, or both.  My guess here is that the image was made with a smartphone which, when you consider typically incorporates a cheap $4 camera module, would explain the horrendous noise and flare.

The background is busy which is a distraction.  

Overall, I would be hard pressed to make a worse image with the exception of having the image totally out of focus or blurry due to camera or subject movement.

On a scale of 1~10, I'd give it a 2.

• 1 month ago

No.................

• Nikki1 month agoReport

It could be better!. There is a lot going on with lighting distractions in the background. In my opinion, The person in the photo should be straight and not slanted. You may want to adjust the image a bit more! 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.