D3 asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Can’t get used to contacts?

I need contacts but can’t get used to putting them in and out no matter how hard I try, what can I do? Please don’t suggest glasses I don’t like the way they look on me personally I really just want to figure out how to get these in and out without poking my eyes and extreme discomfort

Just use plenty of a Wetting Solution........  Without the Wetting Solution - your contacts will be difficult to remove.

glasses **** the world

even on the wedding day

dont worry u can get cheap ones without reflection on them ( dont get the digitigal protection one)

if u are just getting contact for peer pressure...

Or for sports.

those bands are super good.

dont stab your eyes if its too much..

When I first stated wearing contacts, I was the same way as it took me a really long time to get it mastered. I never wore glasses and didn't want them either as I got used to putting them in. I was 16 when I first started wearing them and I didn't get my first pair if glasses till I was about 30 just to wear around the house. Now I am in my late 40s but I don't wear contacts much anymore because I cant see up close without reading glasses. I wear bifocal glasses mostly now but I still like contacts. I know a lot of people that wanted contacts and tried them but they couldn't get them in. It isn't the end of the world if you cant put them in and have to wear glasses!

• Tony B

I don't think it's a matter of how hard you try, it's a case of getting used to it. I used to wear rigid lenses and to begin with had to set aside maybe half an hour to be able to put them in. Getting them out was hard too.

After a week or two though putting them in literally took seconds and, unless I'd had them in for too long, they came out easily too.

My partner had worn rigid lenses for decades and changed to soft lenses. It took her several weeks to get used to putting the new type in and then taking them out.

Well the discomfort thing is partially use. If you do it regularly, your eyelids get tougher and it hurts less. If you don't use them enough, they don't thicken and it will always be uncomfortable. Your eyeballs don't feel, so if you mean them, then are you saying it feels weird looking at your finger? Because if so, technique can help. Put the lens on your index finger, use your middle (same hand) to draw down your bottom lid, look up, pivot your hand twoards your eye (contact will be below pupil so you don't see it, you just pivot your hand, rather than move your fingers independantly so you know how far to move), and then move your hand away and look down. The lens will shift onto the center of your eye. If the lens doesn't like to come off your finger, your finger is too dry, or it isn't sitting high enough on the tip of your finger. Move or wet with saline. If your lens sticks to your eye, your eye is too dry. Use more saline on the lens or also a drop on your eye first. Wear them daily to toughen up your eyes, and eventually you won't have an issue.

Are they just hard to put in or do they hurt once they are in. It looks like it is time to go back to your optometrist and get some help. There are lenses that are easier to insert. I have found that patients have less trouble putting in Air Optix Night and Day lenses they are stiffer and smaller in diameter. I have also has success with Extreme H2O small diameter lenses. The technician at the optometrist's office may also be able to give you some pointers on how to improve your technique. Once you can insert and remove the lenses that I mentioned above with ease, there may be better choices of lenses for you. 

• Marc

Look some people cant do contacts. I had a hard time with them. If you dont wanna do glasses then have laser surgery to correct your vision

• Marc

WHAT in the ACTUAL f@ck?