Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

How do I punish my 14-year-old son for making fun of a girl in his class for wearing headgear with braces?

I took his iPhone away because I'm tired of him constantly mentioning how this girl in his English class is ugly and that he sent me snaps constantly of her. He also calls her unaboob, ugly girl, and nerd. He seems to tell about her a lot and in tired of it. Was taking his phone for 3 days appropriate? Any other tips? He also commented on her Instagram saying things like unaboob hahaha or train tracks with blue eyes hahaha

3 days? I'd have smashed his phone, his computer, any game systems. Other than school and the psychiatrist he wouldn't be leaving the house for months. He'd have to make a written and public apology.

He does it because he knows he can and since you don't really care, you won't do crap about it.

• Charlie1 month agoReport

Well to be honest this is just a lack of proper discipline in general. Besides that if you discipline your kids properly and raise them correctly then you won't have to resort to breaking things.

Ok first of all I'd wonder where I failed with him to the point where he has the nerve to bully another kid and especially a girl with braces ( which I'm assuming is because of your lack of discipline skills). Hell if I did something like that, I'd be grounded maybe even for a month. Speaking of groundings, take his phone away for a month and not just his phone but any electronics he's got and forbid him from going anywhere for the whole month. However you should also put him in therapy since he's probably acting out due to something that happened at school or an extra Curricular activity that he's in. For example he could have been sexually abused or something because there are cases where kids became mean or destructive due to things like abuse and it could have happened around the time he started bullying this girl.

• Hockey

Your son is a bully. He deserves a lot worse for what he does.

no computer except for homework.

ground him for 2 weeks

ask him why he likes this girl since he is always talking about her.

I will answer the troll... have him put on makeup and a dress and post it to social media..

Come on, you've milked this to death.

I think that was appropriate. I also think you sit him down and say that this is terrible, and it's bullying, and if he can't shut his mouth about her, then you'll talk to his teachers and the principal. If that doesn't work, his phone goes away next time for a week.

You should also cancel his Instagram account and block Instagram from your home computer and your own phone.

If you can find some way to apologize to this girl and her parents, I hope you will.

Further, I think you should read some bullying books and get some family therapy.

Give him good attention when he's good and no attention when he's bad.

Pathetic trolling attempt

Sometimes I go to my garden, lay down and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

• Richard

lol

The braces troll has returned.