What every items should I keep in my car? And good general car advice?

What everyday items should I keep in my car? Like Emergency items, tools, etc... I already have a battery back up jump start kit and ratchet/screw driver kit in my car. This is my first car and I'm trying to keep some items in my car for emergencies and all. Also any good routine maintenance advice? I know general oil check and all. Thanks. Also any other car advice for new vehicle owners. Btw, yes I already had my first wreck/accident involving another vehicle. They flew the scene and all and I had to get repairs done to my car. 

• not

Basics of survival. Some cash, water, warmth, first aid. If you go remote places think bigger; what will you use on the walk back? A change of clothes is something that could solve more common problems. 

• Billy1 month agoReport

Thanks.

Get a cheap OBD2 code scanner. If the check engine light ever comes on, you can see why for yourself. Those are well worth having, if only just for information. Have a quart or two of oil, and a gas can when you take long trips. I keep a foot-operated air pump in the trunk in case a tire gets low. Of course, it's best to have a full-size spare tire.

• Billy1 month agoReport

Thanks for your input.

A cell phone, a cell phone charger and a charged cell phone power bank.

• Billy1 month agoReport

Thanks.

a working pen

a flashlight

AAA membership

• Billy1 month agoReport

Already working on a triple A membership. Thanks. 

That battery jump starter is a good move.  I use mine maybe 4 times a year bailing out myself or someone else.

As far as maintenance goes, get your tires rotated with your oil change.  Tire manufacturers won't honor warranties unless you get tires rotated.  I've been burned by that. 

I also keep a backpack in the trunk with some emergency supplies, like bottled water, food bars, knife, emergency blanket, rain poncho, matches, flashlight.  Basically, if I'm stranded out in the boonies, I can take the backpack and stay alive and warm.