Why does Valvoline confiscate customers car keys during an oil change?

Why does Valvaline confiscate customer keys during instant oil change?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • hart
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don't like Valvoline at all

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

So they can move your car into the bay and out

• 1 month ago

because you will probably try to drive away without paying if they don't.

• 1 month ago

ask 'em      .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They need to drive the car onto and off of the lift, and not let you leave the garage without paying.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They need the keys to drive the car into and out of the work bay! Any place does an oil change will do the same thing, it also stops you from driving off with out paying!

• 1 month ago

Sort of dumb aren't you?!!

• 1 month ago

They don't "confiscate" them, drama queen.  They do, though, need the keys to drive the car onto the ramp, run the engine to check for oil pressure and for leaks after they've done the job, and to note the mileage reading.  Then drive it off the ramp and round for you to collect.Okay now?

• Road warrior
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Not all cars  need ign on to read odometer. . Many more modern, yes. My motorcycle, just push the button, no key or fob needed,

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They start the car and check for the oil pressure to come up. If the oil pressure doesn't come up they shut it off to prevent engine damage from a plugged up defective oil filter etc. The Valvoline quick lube where I live lets you stay in your car while they service it and stand by you to see that the oil light goes out before handing you the invoice to sign. They also need the key to see the odometer on many cars.

• 1 month ago

they might need the keys to do the oil change

• ...Show all comments
    • Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Technically  they dont. But makes it hard to get on lift or over grease pit, cant start engine without hot wiring to see if oil pressure ok and no leaks. Only Fools do oil change and Don't. My renter left old oil filter seal on, so had two seals, drove off, oil Everywhere, he's NOT good w/cars.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.