My dad is being thrown out of his flat end of April and he's disabled?

I will try and keep it short, but firstly he has paid rent and the flat was for sale cos he told them he was moving anyway somewhere nearer me, I can keep a better eye on him that way, he has MS and struggles to walk. He has stick and a zimmer frame for the summer (he's weaker in summer) and when we go out, he holds onto me for support.  He e-mailed the landlord having a go at them, about them planning to throw him out. He says someone came to look round the flat and said they liked it, (it is nice though, I like it) so they want to buy it.  Because I don't have my own house, he cant come and stay with me, otherwise I would let him, I just need to take bath out that's all, since he cant lift his right leg anymore, to climb. He had a job as an electrician which he had to give up when he could no longer lift his tool box

He really is a good man and am not just saying that, he pays for everything when we go out. Drinks, cakes, bowling, mcdonalds, he paid half for my dvd, I got 2 new pairs of trainers recently, he paid for one pair and paid for one trainer on the other pair. We do loads together and he always pays, the only time I pay is when we get taxi home cause it drops him off first then me, so I pay for his journey and mine. He's the one I always go to, not my mum, a taxi driver once acted unaproprantly (I know that's spelt wrong) towards me, I didn't tell mum, I told dad, I made a complaint and when I told my dad everything, he complained too.

He says he will go in a hotel, till he finds somewhere else to live and I would help pay for his meals, have a job, but I don't think he would let me. How can they throw out a disabled man? Am worried and scared for him, I don't want him to be homeless

We live in England 

• Clive

Did you have a question?

"He told them he was moving."  Had he kept his mouth shut, he might've been able to work out an agreement with the new owner.  Sounds like daddy has everything under control.

• Judith

The fact that your father is disabled should have nothing to do with anything.  Sounds like he brought this onto himself and he is doing a good job handling it himself.

• Tavy

So he's going to move into a hotel until he can find accommodation, that sounds reasonable to me. Has he talked to the council about disabled living accommodation? Presume he is now looking for somewhere else to live.

Why are you worrying he's seems to know what he is doing.

UK.

• ?

Your story isnt completely coherent, but it sounds like hes done this to himself. If the flat was for sale because he.told them he was moving, the owners have every right to do that, and arent under any obligation to cancel the sale just because he changed his mind. Try to help him find suitable accomodation in his preferred area

• Gill2 months agoReport

What you by coherent?

Before anyone can offer you advice or guidance we really need to know where you are in the World. This is a site used by people from the four corners of the Earth.

Update: If he is being evicted and looking for accommodation he needs to go to the council, they should be able to find him some emergency accommodation. 

Alternatively he could find a private rent wherever he wants as long as he has the cash for the deposit and some rent upfront.