Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

W/o offence to the gay people because I have nothing against 'em, is it true an overprotective mum can make you gay?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

In general, parents can enable and/disable many things. A lot depends on their knowledge and awareness.

Hormonal manipulation or hormonal disbalance is no longer news.

I don't personally know much about parents of gay people, but I did hear things described as "living with feeling of being in the wrong body".

There is Gotham episode 18 "Everyone Has a Cobblepot" of season 1 I highly advice to watch for anyone interested in this matter. If you're on Netflix move to the scene at about 13:20 min in where Fish is having a conversation with a crazy scientist. 

The doctor is obsessed with bodily parts.

One of his patience is his office manager who has been by the doctor's side for a long time helping him commit his crimes against humanity. 

Well, disobience has cost office manager his body. The doctor transplanted his head onto a woman's body and that's what the office manager discovered upon waking up.

Heavy... very heavy Karma. It will take a lot to wash sins off the soul.

Back to reality.

I think too much is being glamorised in a wrong way. 

Considering where the majority of children spend good portions of their days, I'd say parents have very little to do with gender influence other than the moment of conception, sharing genes, having dinners together, asking if the homework was done and then getting everybody into bed.

Can overprotective parent make you gay... hmmm...

Yes.

But CRISPR lets you edit your genes now.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No; an over-protective mom can't make you gay. Being gay isn't something you learn or are exposed to or choose to be.  If you're gay, you were BORN gay, and your future sexual orientation was pre-determined while you were still in the womb. 

• LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.            

• 1 month ago

There is no way to "make" someone gay.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, that's not true at all. Gay people just are gay. Their mothers had nothing to do with it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, that's not what made you gay.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, Liam. Mental health professionals across the world USED to think that way, but research has shown that this is a false belief. Sexual orientation is determined at conception, the same way that eye color and hair color are determined. People who are LGBT are born that way. It's not a choice, nor is it a product of their environment.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.