Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 3 months ago

Upper abdominal pain radiation into back ?

So for the past 5 months I’ve been having server upper abdominal pain that is radiating into my back. I noticed i would experience this days coming up to my period. The pain would be center of my upper abdomen and the pain would go into my back I would find it very uncomfortable to try sit or even stand still when an episode like this occurs. This pain would last anywhere from 30 mins+ As I’ve said I’ve been experiencing this now over 4 months I’m no longer just getting these pains days before my period I’ll get them now very unexpected and sudden I’m burping a lot during the pain twice now the pain has made me vomit. I’m a university student and money isn’t great hence why I’ve been avoiding doctors and just trying to deal with it but I’m starting to think a trip to the doctor might have to happen. I’m just wondering does anyone have any idea what this might be also do you think it’s time a visit a doctor? 

I concur with the idea of gallstones from what u are describing, but I also know that there can be SO many problems when it comes to this kind of pain.. Please see a doctor, and if you cannot afford a regular doctor, go to the hospital, most public hospitals have to see you no matter what, and if they try and push you off be strong in your will to have these tests done (urine, blood, imaging, etc.).. And a hospital must work with what you have, if you have no insurance, you can make a payment arrangement with them.. I owed many thousands of dollars from my early 20's when I had no insurance, and at times, when I could only pay 10 dols a month towards my bill, they had to take it.. All I'm sayin is I know putting yourself more in debt sucks, but so does having a bad health problem become a much worse one.. Best of luck..

• Edna

Your periods have nothing to do with the pain you're having. From the way you describe it, it's very likely you have gallstones, and that's what's causing your pain. If so, you'll probably need to have your gallbladder removed. The pain is not going to go away. In fact, it's only going to get worse  and the episodes are going to become more frequent. Gallstones are easily seen and diagnosed by  a simple ultrasound exam.

Yes - it's time to see your doctor and get your gallbladder checked out.   

• Baal

Listen to Edna.

you need a ultrasonogram of the whole

abdomen

also a stool sample needs RE(routine

examination) for pus cells,protoza etc

i would go see your doctor and get it checked out

Hiatal hernia maybe?

Get well soon

Trip yes, and a CT scan. There is far too much in the abdomen and too many possibilities to guess.

Source(s): PA