Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 month ago

What is the easiest way to memorize something?

The easiest way to memorize a thing or place is to write down, or unless you have photo graphic memory. Most people have unique way to remember basic materials. 

The best way to remember anything is to write it down on paper or use acronyms or mnemonics.

just repeat something few times))

Create a sentence that is easy if the info is small.   Something easy to remember.  For example, the first letter in each word is part of your answer.

You can make a picture in your mind or a little story or write it down.

To explain it to someone else. 

• Write on your hand

What kind of learner are you?   Try this number memorizing test.  Have someone read to you 15 numbers over and over.  Then get a new set of 15 numbers and write them over and over.  Then have someone write down 15 numbers over and over and just watch them and see what style you memorized the most of.  Whatever style worked best, that's the way you should study. 

Writing down what you are trying to memorize helps a lot of people.

• DCM5150

Yes, writing down is usually the best place to start. When we had to memorize peoples phone numbers, I could never do it until I wrote it down. But I wrote it down once, I could throw the paper out as I had memorized it (man I must be old)

• Mark

Via a "mnenomic" (a phase that gives you clues, like "Jesus Christ Made Seattle Under Protest" -  "James, Jefferson, Columbia, Cherry, Marion, Madison, Union, University, Pike, Pine").