How prepared for Christmas should I be by November?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

i always try to do the lights, decorations, and tree after Halloween / first week in Nov.  especially in Chicago, it can get cold fast and you never know what the winter will look like.  

i always try to ask for wish lists before black Friday to try to get the best deals.  and be done with everything early December.  less stressful then waiting until last minute and you can actually enjoy everything.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Don't start putting Christmas decorations up until Black Friday. Take them all down on December 26th.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

*** rs p. 176 par. 3 Holidays ***

The Encyclopedia Americana informs us: “The reason for establishing December 25 as Christmas is somewhat obscure, but it is usually held that the day was chosen to correspond to pagan festivals that took place around the time of the winter solstice, when the days begin to lengthen, to celebrate the ‘rebirth of the sun.’ . . . The Roman Saturnalia (a festival dedicated to Saturn, the god of agriculture, and to the renewed power of the sun), also took place at this time, and some Christmas customs are thought to be rooted in this ancient pagan celebration.”

• Blonde
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You should at least have money saved up for Christmas so you don’t have to use credit cards.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

you should make sure you have all your decorations ready, do you have enough Christmas wrap, and make space for the tree.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.