Can someone please explain to me why Trump's supporters see Democrats as a greater threat to Democracy than Russia?

I'm a Democrat. I don't see myself as that much different from my neighbors. The only real difference is I don't watch FOX news for more than two minutes a week. (that two minutes is simply to see what Hannity is covering instead of the latest Trump scandal. And it's always Hillary's emails or FISA warrants. LOL)

• Jim2

I think they have been misinformed by listening to fake news from some lying sack of crap far right site, and/or from the biggest liar of modern times: i.e. Donald Trump. Look at one of the answers here. They think Democrats want to grab their guns, and let everyone into the country without vetting them at all (totally open borders).

Neither of these things are true. Sure, some people here and there that identify as Democrats want to do these things, but nobody running for office wants to.

They have also been misinformed into thinking Trump is some kind of great man, instead of the corrupt clown that he really is.

• Dave1 month agoReport

Democrats do, in fact, want to steal legal guns from law-abiding citizens.  They said so themselves.

I'm a Democrat too for 54 years now. Many Democrats see Democrats as a threat to our Democracy as well. As far as Russia is concern Liberals and Democrats give them too much credit and want to keep us at the brink of war. Democrats giving credit for altering our election is the best thing that ever happened to them.

First of all, Russia is not a threat to our democracy at all. The bigger threat to our democracy is the EU.

Russia is not trying to take over like the SOCIALIST DEMS ARE... SOCIALISM does not work, never has, never will,, its been proven in every socialist country there is.

What so bad about a leader in a country saying who they would like to see as POTUS... WE do it to EVERY COUNTRY ON EARTH does that mean WE ARE INTERFERING IN THEIR ELECTIONS TO.... BUT WE ACTUALLY DO INTERFERE ALL OVER THE WORLD. WE simply TAKE OUT WHO WE DO NOT LIKE... 

• Cenk

But the made up god man in the sky forbid we get too big of soda am I right my fellow good socialist?

Real simple in 2016 They blamed Russia because Hillary lost, the 2020 DEM POTUS field has no electable candidates, CNN who payed for the Last 2016 Dem lost 500 million dollars and the Democrat's no need another excuse because they are going to loose the POTUS and House 2020 race so they create Russia again

To answer your question I would have to put myself in the mindset of a typical Trump supporter. Let me go get my sledgehammer from the garage and whack myself in the head with it a couple of times and then maybe I can answer the question. Hold on.....

When President Obama was in office he asked the Russians to please stop meddling. They didn't. You must ask why it wasn't seen as a big deal when  President Obama was in office.It was a problem prior to Trump 's presidency that the Democrats ignored until it because a way to play up Trump is really bad and dangerous. 

Trump comes on the scene. There is no proof he is conspiring with the Russians. Putin said pointedly prior that if Hillary Clinton was elected we would be at war with Russia. We can see this as good or bad. If you can't establish proof Trump was conspiring with Russians, you can't impeach him. They said they would impeach him the first week of his presidency. Looking for a way to impeach a new president because Julian Assange claimed on  Youtube his source on the Democratice headquarters  leak was Seth Rich. There were e mails showing as much which were denied by his family who also work for the Democratic party. Seth was gunned down and it was not a robbery.  Now Julian says something else. I choose to believe his first assertion and not one made later that might benefit the Democratic party. You can't blame the Russians and Trump that Hillary was playing a game that Bernie Sanders was excluded from . Bernie supporters didn't vote for her. There is no proof the Russians gave Trump the election. Hannity is an idiot. Fox is biased but it is all conservatives have for news. That should be alarmiing when we allegedly have a free press but everyone in Hollywood, all media must support the leftist regime. I do not think it is a coincidence. I think the timing is suspicious just like the timing of the impeachment. 

IF YOU THINK THAT LETTING ANYONE AND EVERYONE BOTH LEGAL  AND ILLEGAL INTO THIS COUNTRY, RAISING TAXES OR BORROWING THE MONEY TO PAY FOR ALL THAT FREE STUFF YOU WANT TO GIVE AWAY AND TAKING AWAY OUR GUNS SO ONLY THE CRIMINAL WORLD WILL HAVE GUNS AND THEY WILL LOVE YOU FOR THAT IS A GOOD IDEA THAN YOU MUST BE PRETTY STUPID

• Cenk

WE need open borders and the only thing saving our economy is massive debt am I right my fellow god socialists?

Listen troll; You may be a lot of things but a democrat is not one of them!

The threat is what the Democratic Party has BECOME. The last Democratic Leader was Obama. But since then - 'thanks' in part to Hillary Clinton - the FAR LEFT have taken over. There is more in common between a 'liberal' and a 'conservative' than there is between a 'liberal' and someone who is 'FAR LEFT'.

• Dave1 month agoReport

The Far Left took over the Democratic Party under Woodrow Wilson, and more so under Franklin D. Roosevelt.

• Leftist philosophy and policy poses a threat no matter where it raises it's ugly head. It's the philosophy of envy. Envy is said to be one of the 7 deadly sins for a reason. Right now, the policy of the domestic political left is doing far more damage than Russia; simply because they are closer. Hillary's emails and FISA warrants, are only the tip of the iceberg. Trump caused our current economic growth expansion through deregulation and tax cuts. Obama said his levels were the new normal and dozens of economists were predicting world wide recessions if Trump was elected. You may not believe me but that's how republicans see it.