Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Should Americans stop eating meat and eggs?

Americans are suffering from obesity, heart disease, cancer and various illnesses but still many Americans make fun of vegans. These people don't realise that vegans are leaner and live 20 years more than meat eaters.

Just take the example of India. In India, most people don't eat meat and eggs and that's why India has a very low incidence of cancer.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Meat and eggs are not harmful for health. You are misinformed, or are looking at sites that are wrong. Diet is no longer implicated in atherosclerosis. Lack of exercise, obesity, and genetics are now regarded as the causes.

The problem with Americans is that they eat too much junk food, too much fat and fried foods, and don't eat enough vegetables. HALF of every meal needs to be vegetables. And we only need 50g of protein per day (0.36g per every pound we weigh, actually) and most Americans eat twice as much as they need. The Chinese and Japanese have the right idea. Lots of vegetables and a bit of meat.

As for cancer, it is environmental pollutants and chemical additives to food (vegans who eat pre-made vegan meals are at risk too). NOT the fat in eggs and meat.

Your information about cancer in India is incorrect:

"According to WHO, India has a cancer mortality rate of 79 per 100,000 deaths and accounts for over 6 percent of total deaths [18]. These numbers are very close to those of high-income countries. Further, the cancer mortality in India is projected to increase to over 900,000 deaths by the end of this decade"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC58265...

You REALLY need to get your facts right.

Your information about cancer in India is incorrect.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Daisy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

More vegan lies.

There is no research showing that vegans live longer than people who eat meat, eggs, dairy products. There are lots of overweight vegans.

Countries with long life expectancy are countries where people eat animal products. India ranks about 160th in life expectancy. See link. They are not a healthy country in spite of or because of many dietary restrictions.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm in the UK but after reading your “question”, I can easily understand why “many Americans make fun of vegans”.

• 2 months ago

Americans are fat because they eat a man made diet of processed foods. Nobody who eats clean grass fed meat and eggs would ever be fat. You're full of bull and you know it. Red meat saves. Mmmm steak!!! I've killed so many animals and that's how I should be for me to stay alive

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Who wants to live 20 more years of a miserable existence?  If I can get 75 years of eating things that give me great pleasure, in moderation, everything in moderation, I'll take that over living 90+ years denying myself.

• Anton
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Why do you stupid vegans post lies?  People in India die young!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by...

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Meat doesn't cause cancer or obesity. Suger, high fructose corn syrup and carbs combined with a lack of exerciser and fast food do.

India is a very, very filthy country with HIGH rates of cancer, infant mortality and deformities and worse. Their diet is very poor and lacks a lot of nutrition and the country is very polluted. 

Meat and eggs are very good for us. Vegans are not leaner, they are severely under weight and don't live as long

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. And you are lying. The reason why people in India don't eat meat is because a bunch of psychopath cult leaders forced them into vegetarianism, in order to manipulate and control them. And don't think that vegans can never get sick, since they don't eat meat. We live in a fallen world corrupted by sin. Sickness, disease, suffering, pain, and death are all consequences of the fall of mankind - through Adam's and Eve's original sin by disobeying God and eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, when God commanded them not to. Everybody gets sick. Everybody is going to die one day, at a time when we do not know. Everybody is going to stand before God on the day of judgement. Those who are not saved by the blood of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins are going to end up in Hell. There will be plenty of vegans who will also end up in Hell, because they gave heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. It has nothing to do with whether or not you eat meat.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Vegans do not live longer than meat-eaters, meat, eggs and dairy are NOT  the main cause of obesity etc - SUGAR IS. Lean meat, fish and low-fat dairy are good sources of protein and micronutrients. the reason there is less obesity-related disease in India is not because 40% - not a majority - of Indians are vegetarian, it is because the Indian diet is low in refined sugar, and other highly-processed foods,   

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.