When would you have a baby shower?

So I am 13 weeks preg due in Aug 2020! I was thinking of having a baby shower in mid June. Is this the best time to have a baby shower. Which month of pregnancy would you have a baby shower any suggestions? 

• Edna

Mid-June 2020 would be a fine time to have a baby shower.

Most baby showers are held when the woman is about 7-1/2 to  8 months pregnant. By that time, she's already bought a lot of "stuff" for the baby, and she knows what she might still need or would like to have.

BTW:  You can't have a baby shower for yourself. A baby shower is given for you, by your friends or by your family.

• LizB

Mine was when I was 30 weeks. My friend who threw the shower for me was planning travel when I was in my last trimester, so it was either an earlier shower around 30 weeks or I would have to wait until 36ish weeks when we both had a weekend free again. Since I didn't feel comfortable waiting that late in case baby came early, we went with the sooner option. I think it worked out nicely since I had plenty of time after the shower to go buy what I still needed.

July.................

When was my own?  After the baby was born.  In general for other women?  No more than two months before your due date.  Most women who want one before baby is born prefer to be done by about 36-37 weeks in case they go into labor early.  I'm hosting one soon and the guest of honor and I chose a date approximately 3 1/2 weeks before her due date.

But YOU don't choose the date.  The person hosting can ask for your input, but you don't get the final say.  The hostess sets all that.

• MissA

I'd say the shower is generally held sometime in month seven or eight of the pregnancy. Late enough that it's very unlikely anything tragic is going to happen, early enough that it's very unlikely it's going to be cancelled because mom has to go give birth now. But there's no hard or fast rule, and whoever's planning the party can certainly work around scheduling.

• Jill

Most people don't throw their own baby shower. It's one of those things that is thrown FOR you. Some people might suggest to a relative, in a round-about way, that they might like one if they don't think any friends will make the effort. 

In answer to the question - sometime in the 3rd trimester. 

Source(s): way

Whenever the person or people offering to throw one for you decide to do it. : )

• Suzy Q

I would have a babyshower if and when someone offers to throw me one.