threaten to take over 40% of our jobs; 

and b) climate-change. Your thoughts? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • odd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

You would do yourself an immense favor if you would worry about things that within your control. Go to school. Get an education, either a professional degree or learn a trade.  Be employable in a profession or trade that 'robots' can't replace. Go out and live your life. You might make it to  90, or you could meet death in a traffic accident tomorrow, next year, 10 years from now.  The future is wide open.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • T'rone
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Robots aren't going to take over.  That has been a radical fear for centuries.  The Luddites in England were the first to say this and that was in the 1700's.  Climate change isn't going to be so bad that our coastline will be underwater and IF that happens, it isn't going to happen soon.  Obama himself bought a beachfront home.  I do fear homelessness a lot so I watch my spending and put everything in the bank.

• 1 month ago

I don't believe that climate change will immediately affect our generation significantly. But the next generations to come will certainly see higher food prices and higher electric bills. And robotic machines are certainly hurting a lot of our jobs. Robotic machines are at the source of the problem. the source of the problem is that human beings do not know how to stop breeding! If you stop breeding you cure all of the world's problems! If we suddenly had 50% less people that means we would have more houses and more cars and more trucks and more jobs and more food then anybody could possibly want. Exercise restraint. Match national resources and jobs to the amount of people that are breeding!

• 1 month ago

Robots taking jobs is not a threat -- in fact, the threat is the opposite. Japan has realized that the ratio of elderly to working age adults is increasing so quickly in the U.S. and Japan that the real threat is that there won't be enough workers to care for the elderly without more robots or immigrants. We are facing two problems: we don't have enough immigrants and we're way behind Japan in developing robots. Their robots are advanced enough that they hope to someday have robots care for their elderly so that they won't need as many immigrants as us. But our robots are still to primitive to do the those jobs, so we will need more immigrants just to do all the care giving, because our robots aren't advanced enough, and our working age citizens won't be numerous enough.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

As long as you have Trump in charge, you have nothing to fear, but if Communism takes over, all you have to do is look at North Korea, Cuba or China & especially what occurred in the former Soviet Union.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

As the Virgin Mary has told us, those who propagate her rosary will be aided by her in their necessities.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you think those are problems then you are burying your head in the sand...

'Robots'...... have a read up on the industrial revolution of old world countries'climate change'.... unless America wakes up and starts taking serious action  they will be one of the main countries that collapses the world

Lack of education and relevant work skills and allowing illegals to continue to arrive and continue to live in the country years after they arrive...means the local legal population will find less work and less homes

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.