BRYAN asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How to cope with early stages of memory loss?

How to cope with early stages of memory loss

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Just forget about it 

seriously we all have this problem at some point, its called LIFE

If you go back a few hundred years, life was hard, but also fairly straight forward, as in get up, work, get paid, food on the table, bed, and so on, but now our lifes can be a real hassle and  confusing etc, and we all  have an enormous amount of stuff we have to remember, just passwords  !!! 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

music will assist in remembering the songs

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Realize you will have good days and bad days.  So long as you remember to breathe, you are doing good.

• 1 month ago

Make sure you have someone else that you trust to remember things for you.

When our mom started forgetting what things were called we turned it into a game.  She would ask, "Could you hand me the uh . . . " and lose the word.  We would ask her to tell us what it did or what color it was.  From then on, all nouns were 'thing' until we figured it out.  That worked out well and didn't make her feel frustrated with herself.  When doctors gave her the cognitive tests and asked what day it was or who was the president, she would say she didn't care.

• Coquihalla
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I wear a wrist watch to tell me what day of the week it is. When you don't work, those kind of things you forget.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sorry, I forgot the question. 

• Kate
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

First of all make sure those around you understand what is happening. I make notes or little reminders about things and use a hard copy calender to keep track of things. I also try to do things in the same order each day. Gets most of us in the end.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tell a trusted family member what's going on so that they can help you. 

• 1 month ago

Keep a pad of posit notes on hand.

• How? Try playing memory games. The more challenging the better for your decaying brain matter. :(

• Pinky G1 month agoReport

Thank you any recommendations will help especially women going through what I am going through :) 

• 1 month ago

ask your doctor to refer you to someone so you can get help for it

• ...Show all comments
    • Me.o..u
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

One of my daughter's friends was in this depressing situation, luckily that now she has become a lawyer to help her mom opening a catering business. Hope the best for your family!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.