Is it true that tearing the hymen feels like pulling a hangnail? If not, which hurts worse?

It varies for different people.

Mine did not tear until the 3rd occasion I had intercourse.

We were over-enthusiastic and took things a bit too fast. 😉

The 'pain' was enough to startle me for about 2 seconds but didn't really have any impact on my enjoyment.

The hymen does not completely cover the vaginal entrance. When you first have sex the hymen stretches rather than tears. The first time I had sex I wasn't nervous, I was relaxed and fully up for it so it wasn't painful at all. There was no ripping, pain or blood. Please google hymen myths as most, if not all, you hear is a load of absolute bullshit.

• Tarkarri

Actually, it can vary between women and for many women there is enough room for full peretration. 

I don't know that since I'm not a woman but you can have a doctor revive the hymen

• Tarkarri

By 'revive' a hymen, do you mean the barbaric genital mutilation of sewing the vaginal opening partially shut??