If atheists are scolded for quoting the Bible "out of context", why isn't Jesus also scolded?

Psalm 22 says "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?" But one of the people who made up the different versions of the Crucifixion has Him quoting only the first bit, and NOBODY claims He was "roaring". (Although nails through the wrists probably would hurt, a LOT, and screaming would be an appropriate reaction!)

• Archer

Theists will often "cherry pick" their presentations yet when someone who has actually read the bible responds with an informed response out of the bible they call it "out of context".

• WOOWHO

If  ( its not a IF its a BEHAVIOR  that does occur  )  WHEN  Atheist   are Scolded  for quoting out of context . that is considered as justified Behaviors  by Some people . Why is a Jesus quote  NOT Scolded ?

the inquiry is about   a EQUALITY of Standard being applied

and pointing out HYPOCRISY        i did some investigation 

QUOTING out of Context  aka CONTEXTOMY / quote mixing is a informal FALLACY and a type of FALSE attribution , in which a passage is removed  from its surrounding  matter  ( the KEY ) in such a  way to DISTORT  the INTENDED  meaning   

an example  where a Atheist might present a Passage  on the  the subject of SLAVERY   but it does NOT DISTORT the INTENDED  meaning 

the QUOTE  EXODUS 21 :20-21  Anyone who beats "THEIR " male or female "SLAVE"  with a rod , must be punished  "IF" the "SLAVE" dies as  direct result , but they are NOT to be punished if the SLAVE  recovers after a day  or two since the SLAVE is "THEIR " PROPERTY    

that quote does not  DISTORT  the intended meaning of "PROPERTY "    the 613 LAWS of the Bible God aka Mitzvot  has  specifics  defining  describing  what is a SERVANTS  SLAVES and EMPLOYEE

only one is defined as PROPERTY  the Hebrew word for slave is "EBED"  the difference is a BONDMAN a Hebrew SERVANT in the torah  has two  CLASSES # 1   He whom the COURT has sold or bonded to another  WITHOUT his CONSENT  ( no jail facilities rather work off the crime )  for a DEBT  # 2 he who WILLINGLY sold ( bonded ) himself for a DEBT ,( this applies to Hebrews ) in today's  practices its Contract law  and serving a Fixed  SENTENCE for a CRIME ( theft )  a court may sell  a man for THEFT ONLY  a man shall SELL( contract )   ( in debt ) himself for extreme poverty ( a fixed time  to pay off a loan  )

in contrast a Israelite can BUY a FOREIGN Born ( bondsman ) such person  BECOMES a "POSSESSION" .. PROPERTY and are INHERITED by the  buyers Children  like other PROPERTY aka a SLAVE .. then there is the  elements of an EMPLOYEE  a FREE  person paid on a regular basis for their labor aka CONTRACT

as to NAILS  through the WRIST  is  a PAINFUL  experience    it does NOT KILL PEOPLE  demonstration of this  is  a percentage of the PHILIPPIANS population engage in such a practice every "GOOD FRIDAY "  termed DEVOTEE / PENITENTS called "MAGDARAME "     which include carrying wooden crosses  crawling on rough pavement SELF FLAGELLATION and NAILED to a Cross

RUBEN ENAJAN age 53 has been Crucified 28 TIMES  the Catholic Church discourages the practice .. a CRITICAL thinker would say because it demonstrates Crucifixion    that ACT does NOT cause DEATH   ( other  processes over time might cause death )   in these EVENT the local Board of HEATH require participants have a TETANUS SHOT    I had a friend who Stepped on a Board with a long nail in it through his foot and work boot  he did not die  there is demonstration  and documentation of Building Contractors who have Shot themselves with a NAIL gun and not died  even shot in the head with a nail gun

• Doug

Try a better translation. Yours is pretty far out there.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • Thumbs UP for participating. However, I have had Fundamentalist and/or Funnymentalcase  Christians rant and rave about how the KJV is the ONLY translation worthy of respect, so I used KJV.

• Donald

http://www.blbclassic.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm...

how unclear is this?

HIS distress was evident. 

so would yours be if you found yourself in the same situation.

the enemy (in later verses were as a LION).

pay attention.

snarling...full of venom.

Do you use God's dictionary vs man's?

The extent of His pain was so excruciating, it was if "roaring" (Psalm 22).

You sound like a today's Christian who has used man's dictionary for baptism that's "immersion in water" vs God's dictionary in which He said "but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost" (Acts 1:5) and didn't say a word about water.

Don't today's Christians know God said

8"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9)?

What happened to "Lean not to your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5)?

Yeshua was not quoting out of context, he was upholding prophecy that was prophesied about him.

You do know that Jesus wasn't born yet when Psalms was written, right?

Even if the account in Psalms is accurate to what was actually said, what's written in the gospels isn't contrary, or even out of context next to this, it's just incomplete.   I have no doubt that anyone would have done some "roaring" in that situation, though my version says, "cries of anguish" in Psalms.  I really don't see the problem.