Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

I'm okay with there being a black history month. Why aren't blacks okay with there being a white history month?

Don't they believe in equality?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

People who have been oppressed in the past e.g. women, blacks, natives, lgbt will get their own month. have white people ever been oppressed? or white men? no.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They  should return to  west Africa  if they  are that concerned  about their black history

• ...Show all comments
    • voice
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You  americans  are  west  african  mixed race  people    you  hate  western countries then  return to  your ancestors  land simple  but stay out of  north  africa  you  are not welcome  there

• 2 months ago

Ummm - 12 months out of the year are "Dead straight white male Christians" history months. You may not have noticed. Black history month, Women's history month, Gay history month, Asian Pacific Islander history month, Jewish History month and all of the other minority history months are to try to show to people that history was not exclusively made by straight white Christian males.

Are you stupid, or just didn't notice? If you are stupid, I'll give you a pass. Not everyone can run a 100-yard dash in under 12 seconds, and not everyone can discern patterns in standard history texts. If you just didn't notice, wake up!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because your people were not murdered and tortured for 200+ years. And you don't face violence, death, and denial of opportunities because of the color of your skin. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I don't know about blacks, but being white myself I find that idea stupid. There are hundreds of "white" cultures, so what'd be the purpose of having a "white history month"? Should we celebrate all European cultures in a 30-day period? 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It because the idea of a black history month is predicated on the fact that every other month is a white History Month. The whole point of Black History Month, and similar months or weeks for the history of other groups, is that these are peoples whose history is often not told. White people's history is told in America. It's the dominant history. The entire thrust of how we teach mainstream American history is centered around white people.

• humpty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Every month is white history month. That is the point.

• 2 months ago

Questions like this are the reason Democrats still get >85% of the African American vote. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Which one of the parties is against the equal rights act that has already passed in at least 23 states?

• 2 months ago

Do not bother answering this question.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.