Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 2 months ago

My leotard rides up during classes?

What am I supposed to do? We are not allowed to wear ballet skirts and my leotard keeps riding up and it's embarrassing.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I'd say to either get a leotard in a bigger size, or get one that isn't marketed/labeled as "high cut." High cut leotards are meant to make your legs look longer and increase the line, but can ride up a bit for a lot of people. The leg holes rest higher toward your hips, if that makes sense. I'll attach a photo for reference. 

Attachment image
    Source(s): I'm a dancer myself, but the photo is from the yumiko dance wear brand website
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Why don't you buy a new leotard?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get your parent to talk to you instructor about, wear nike pros, or go to a different studio.

• 1 month ago

Start with it pulled up as high as it will go.  Then it can only ride down during class.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

hahaha buy one that fits better and is not so tight.. or you can put glue on it to elp hold it down like they use in the Olympics etc.. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I wear tights over leo but only when we do partner work. Perhaps, you should find a better leo? Maybe a bigger size.

• 2 months ago

Buy one that fits better.  They do vary in quality.

• 2 months ago

It's the wrong size. Check for one that fits better.

• 2 months ago

Get one that fits.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Perhaps the cut or size of the leotard isn’t right for you. Also, you could wear your tights over not under your leotard if your school allows it.

Bottom line it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. This is really very trivial. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.