Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 2 months ago

My leotard rides up during classes?

What am I supposed to do? We are not allowed to wear ballet skirts and my leotard keeps riding up and it's embarrassing.

I'd say to either get a leotard in a bigger size, or get one that isn't marketed/labeled as "high cut." High cut leotards are meant to make your legs look longer and increase the line, but can ride up a bit for a lot of people. The leg holes rest higher toward your hips, if that makes sense. I'll attach a photo for reference. 

Source(s): I'm a dancer myself, but the photo is from the yumiko dance wear brand website

Why don't you buy a new leotard?

Get your parent to talk to you instructor about, wear nike pros, or go to a different studio.

Start with it pulled up as high as it will go.  Then it can only ride down during class.

hahaha buy one that fits better and is not so tight.. or you can put glue on it to elp hold it down like they use in the Olympics etc.. 

I wear tights over leo but only when we do partner work. Perhaps, you should find a better leo? Maybe a bigger size.

Buy one that fits better.  They do vary in quality.

It's the wrong size. Check for one that fits better.

Get one that fits.

Perhaps the cut or size of the leotard isn’t right for you. Also, you could wear your tights over not under your leotard if your school allows it.

Bottom line it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. This is really very trivial.