Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 1 month ago

December holiday recommendation ?

Hello lovely yahoo people. 

My birthday is on the 12th dec and I’m planning on approx 10 days Airbnb stay with 7 others (4 rooms needed)

In an ideal world there’d be somewhere where the weather would be average 30s (I imagine Australia will result the hottest)

However one person travelling can’t really go long haul from Uk to aus (12/14hrs?) 

So really not looking to fly longer than around 6-8hrs max!

Any ideals for some gorg winter sun not too far from the uk? 

I appreciate canaries have like 21s but hoping for a bit warmer or someone with experience to tell me overwise! - bonus, gorg luxury Airbnb villa recommendation with pool too! 

Just to make it clear that I’m from the UK looking for distance within 6-8hrs fly time max! 

Most of Greece is pretty temperate in the winter and there's no shortage of beautiful islands and fancy resorts there.

Does Africa, like Cape Town etc appeal? 

If you want heat AND a short flight your pickings are extremely slim as in December it is winter in the entire Northern Hemisphere 

I’ve been to Canary Islands in December and it was pretty warm. 22/23•c