Do I need to take math in college?

I wasn’t the best at math but I managed to pass all of my 3 math courses i had in high school. I want a major for graphic design. If I go to college for that do I have to take math?? Is it required??? If I go to a four year college.

Most certainly, specific math courses will be a part of the major for graphic design.  

It most likely is .. Look into the CLEP to test out of some classes. As for which 

you still have to take is not my decision .. check with your major's department.

• Hockey

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will probably be some math you have to take. But don't give up. In college,

my son took a beginning math, which turned out to be statistics and also some financial calculations !  He didn't do well the first time around, and ended up dropping

so it wouldn't become permanent. He kept the work book from the class, and studied it everyday ALL summer.Of course he had a tutor -(me). In the fall, he took it again and passed it.

There will be some math for any degree as part of the general education requirements. For example at Washington State University, Art has this for math

MATH REQUIREMENTAny UCORE, most commonly:   MATH 105: Exploring Mathematics   MATH 212: Introduction to Statistical Methods

So you would have to take at least 1 math class.

Yes. Sorry.  All U.S. universities have general education requirements that include some math.  What you need to take and how many classes will probably depend some on the specific university and some on where you land after the placement test.  Yes, most universities required a math placement test rather than just allow you to select the "next" level of math class.

As a graphic design major, you probably won't need any specific math classes, but you may need to apply math knowledge to the classes you do take.

• Light

So looking into the program you want to join, it doesn't say any requirements or courses you have to take along with your major? Anything? So you would be going in blind not knowing what classes you will be taking? 

• .

I've never heard of an accredited university not requiring at least one math course as part of their general education requirements.  Usually, it's the introductory one, although statistics might also fulfill the requirement.

Conpletely depends on your major. For instance im an engineer so we go hard on the math but if you are doing graphic design, depending on your university, you might have to take a basic math such as trig or college algebra which basically arent much harder than what you took in hs. I couldnt see you taking anything past that unless you volunteer to. Try to get a good professor because it makes all the difference. Good luck

You'd need to check the requirements for the degree program as well as the school's general education requirements.  Most do require 1-2 math classes as well as basic English and history classes.