Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

What novel changed your life?

Is there a novel you read that made such an impression on you that its message changed your perspective on life? If so, which novels had that kind of impact on you and how?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

"Lace" by Shirley Conran.

"The Pursuit of Happiness" by Douglas Kennedy.

"Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

A Christmas Carol. It taught me to be compassionate and kind to others. Also, a mindfulness book and a Buddhist book which taught me to think kindly, never to look at the news (negativity) and to give and be compassionate.

• JerryL
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

thoue are good things  to learn

• 1 month ago

I would say that all the novels written by Charles Dickens has changed my life. Some  science fiction books written by Asimov, A.C.Clarke, Theodore Sturgeon, James Blish, Robert Block, H.G.Welles, Joseph Campbell, and Arthur Conan Doyle.

• 1 month ago

None...........

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The Bible. The teachings of Christ have improved my life drastically and spiritually. 

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley, which is the retelling of the King Arthur legend from the 180 degrees opposite perspective. Like the movie "Wag the Dog". Makes one think. 

• .1 month agoReport

I wouldn't read anything by her.  Bradley and her husband were literally monsters.  https://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jun/27/sff-community-marion-zimmer-bradley-daughter-accuses-abuse

• Prince
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny showed me what religion and politics could be. 

• 1 month ago

Acts Of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant. It taught me to balance out my life and throw away peers/friends thatn are damaging to my mind, body and spirit. 

• 1 month ago

The Wild Road changed what I do, not my life though. It pointed out how much of a hard life feral cats have, I've had a feeding station and water bowl at my place for the past 14 year for our local cats, thanks to reading that book.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Slaughterhouse-Five" introduced the concept of moments above and beyond time and space, those that are eternal.

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

that one too

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.