Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I want to lose weight.?

I'm currently 17 years old, I am 153 lb, and is 5'7 tall. I want to start losing weight but don't know how long I should workout for or what to eat. Any tips?

You are at a healthy weight for your age & height. I wouldn't worry about it. But, if you really want advice on losing weight, switch to a plant based diet and do basic cardio exercises.

• zeno

Work out at least one hour a day at least 4 days

A week with light weight lifting and regular cardio at least 20 minutes a day. Cut back on junk

Food and fast food. Go back to natural foods

With more vegetables and fresh fruit and mixed

Nuts and healthy meat in moderation like turkey,

Chicken, roast beef, tuna, salmon and trout.

• Wilma

You can go for a walk twice a day for 30 minutes. You will be surprised how well that works. Drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, If you eat an apple before each meal you will fill fuller and will not consume as many calories. Remember when eating out that each serving of food is no more than a handful. That's a normal size handful, not a heaping handful. Good Luck Oh if you have a hard time making two 30 minute walks start out with two 15 minutes walk and work your way up.

• Kyle

if it's been over a year, see a doctor.  get a physical.  ask your parents to get an appointment.  they will take simple blood tests to help give you a better picture of your health besides your height and weight.

there you can go over foods to eat, and not eat or eat less.  counting calories is important, but if you don't eat proper nutrition too, that won't do anything for you.  

if you're in school, join a sport.  you will likely need a sports physical.  football, basketball, even baseball, track, swimming, etc are all great ways to lose weight.  see if your school has a gym for students to use.  talk to a counselor or gym teacher.  exercise before or after school starts.  

there are a ton of articles online you can read up on what to eat, and various diet plans.  along with exercise programs.  

a lot of this is a mental game.  consistency and patience is key.  this is a life style. not some 100 day fad you do once and forget.  not ever day will be perfect in your habits, but gradual changes overall is what's important.  

why? at your height for a  male, you are a great size.

For a female 137 will be great

I want to answer an actual question