Is it a joke when doctors say they do circumcisions on babies with "reduced" pain? Or are they actually okay with torturing babies?

Or causing them any unnecessary pain?

If so, what's the point of reducing it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

A Circumcision is NOT torture!!!  The newborn male may cry for a bit but that's it.

Both of my boys were circumcised after birth and they were fine.

• roger1 month agoReport

I didn't say it was torture. I'm saying some doctors think it is.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Bucky
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Male neonatal circumcision is a medically-unnecessary, non-therapeutic operation that is harmful to the child due to its physical, emotional, and sexual injury.

The penis has both dorsal and ventral nerves.  Typically, they do a dorsal penile nerve block which makes the parents feel better, but they don't do a ventral nerve block so the baby still feels pain.

Nevertheless, doctors do them to earn a fee.  Yes, they are okay with torturing babies.

Here is a selection of articles:

http://www.cirp.org/library/pain/

The penis belongs to the boy and not to the parents, so parents should let the boy decide for himself when he is of age.

https://en.intactiwiki.org/index.php/Human_rights#...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In your many rants here one thing is certain...you need anger management assistance.  At this point, you are not accepting logic.  Time to get that mental help you so badly need.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont think its a joke

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's no big deal. My "anesthesia" was a sugar cube soaked in whisky. A little reduction is all that is needed.

• 2 months ago

Doctors use local anesthetics when preforming circumcisions to remove most of the pain associated with it. This is used for obvious humanitarian reasons.

The procedure is likely usually selected for cosmetic reasons but research has shown it decreases infections (easier to clean), lowers penile cancer risk, and lowers STI risk.

• ...Show all comments
    • roger1 month agoReport

Why would I need "research" to know whether a baby reacts when I can SEE it. Are you saying the videos are doctored? Seriously...?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They obviously feel a little pain is worth eliminating a lifetime of filth, stench, and disease from having a foreskin.  I hope this is clear to you now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.