Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · 2 months ago

Is American Idol better now on ABC or back when it was on Fox?

I watched the first, I dunno, eight or whatever seasons.  Now it and all the shows like it bore me to tears.  It's sameo, sameo.  It's trite emotional manipulation because everyone's got some stupid f*cking sob story.  Everyone.  And you can tell that if they don't, they make one up by finding something from their past to blow all out of proportion.  It's f*cking stupid.  I certainly don't see it getting better under Ryan Seacrest's ownership than it was under Simon Cowell's.  In fact, I see it getting way worse.  Also, nobody on it actually becomes any kind of star anymore, much less an actual "idol."  They get their 15 minutes of not quite fame and they're dunzo.  

It was better on Fox and when Simon was a judge.

it was probably the same on both stations

It was better when Simon was there 

It went downhill after he left 

I haven’t even watched the ABC version lol 

Weather people loved or hated Simon he made the show.

But you don’t really hear much from the winners now. Kelly & Carrie were the exception