Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

What'll happen if I am the beneficiary of $1.5m USD?

A man from Togo wanted to be my penpal at first. Then he offers me the chance to be his business partner. He's introduced himself as a manager of the foreign remittance department of a bank. He used to help African politicians launder money overseas. After the politicians' tenure ended, they no longer used his bank to transfer funds. But he had secretly diverted $1.5m USD and cleaned its record during the process as the money was too much($10.1 billion USD) for politicians to control.

Now the $1.5m has been lodged in account belonging to no one in his bank for eight years. As an officer of the bank, he cannot be directly connected to this fund. He wants me to stand as the beneficiary of this fund. I have to provide information such as my name, address, job, passport number etc. Then the money will be transferred to my account. And I'll give him his share. Have you ever heard such a chance?

I'm not sure what he'll do next. Swindle an advance fee out of me or steal my personal information?

Have you asked yourself, "Why me?"

• Judy

You're kidding of course. ''sure, pretty much everyone has heard of this very common scam.

Yeah, right.  BIG opportunity.

i wouldnt do it, he just wants your info so he can get into your bank acct and steal your money,hes not interested in giving you money, hes interested in taking it

Seriously?  You have never heard of this scam previously?

I hope that you are just a troll.  However, if you are not.....This is called an "Advance Fee Scam" or a "Nigerian 419 Scam".

Look it up.

If I receive e-mails from people who I never met in person then I will delete it. If I receive e-mails from people who I met in person, and I think it looks suspicious then I may respond in a different way to find out more about the e-mail that I received, or I would delete it. Whenever I receive unusual phone calls then I just hang up. I have better things to do with my time!

If people contact me by using any of my websites that I create, and publish online then I would read whatever people send to me from my website(s), and then I would decide if I want to respond, or not. If I give other people an option to contact me from my website(s) then that's what other people can do.

I hope I was able to help you.

The Nigerian prince who is going to send me $10,000,000 thinks this sounds fishy.  

nobody ever accused you of being smart, did they?

Absolutely. We hear of them continually.

They are scams. They are designed to get personal data like "name, address, job, passport number etc" so that they can steal your ID and rob you blind.

But I think you knew that didn't you?

It sounds like a plan.