Are girls given less of a chance to be children?

I hear from some feminists saying that girls are often pushed into adulthood earlier than boys. Boys get to have fun and be children while girls don't have as much of an opportunity to enjoy life as a child.

• Elana

Particularly in American school systems, this is true in many ways.

When a boy goes off and pulls some kind of prank, "boys will be boys".  Girls would be demeaned as immature for doing the same prank.

We expect more from girls (educationally) now than we ever have, and boy's test scores are now slipping.

I think a huge element of it is expectation.  We used to be able to whip boys for underperforming, but that would be considered inhumane with girls - and in the one-size-fits-all educational system, that basically means we're less able to push boys.

No, I am not saying "whipping boys" is the route to go here, but the education system has profoundly changed and girls have been the principle winners here.

• Cee

I've stopped listening to woke folk.

• sian

That's true, because we are always given the job of looking after parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and our siblings. Of course we also mature faster anyway.

• Zirp

if they are knocked up young, definitely

• Bill

I would need to see evidence to believe that claim because as things stand now I see reason to believe it. 

• Women evolved to sexually mature faster, so yes...men get to experience longer childhoods.

Do you not get out often, Women stop maturing at age 16.

You have 30 to 40 year old women still behaving like bratty teenage girls.

🥴 It depends.

Some girls are raised to take on adult responsibilities like cooking and cleaning, young. Yes.

But aside from me and my sibs, I haven't seen that in a very long time. 😄 Everyone born after us, was lazy af. Partied. Privileged.

😄🤣 What modern girls you mean?

Wow, two layers of overgeneralization. There are plenty of juvenile-acting women who take it way into adulthood.   Just look at instagram or snapchat.

depends on the girls, theyre all different