Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 3 months ago

I've decided to become a vegetarian, how to begin?

I've decided to be vegetarian for practical reasons. First the meat industry is responsible for the most part for global warming. Second, I want a more healthy diet. Should I directly cut every form of meat from my diet or reduce it gradually instead? Some people told me to cut the red meat first then see how it goes.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

By trying a meat-free (gasp - HORRORS!) meal.  I'm not a vegetarian, but I often (probably 7 times a week) enjoy a meal that is meatless, because I enjoy the taste.  For instance, I don't INSIST on having some sort of meat in the morning.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

First thing, eat a bacon cheeseburger, the rest will take care of itself.

• 3 months ago

YouTube videos can help you start

• Megumi
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Global Warming is passe. Now, it is Climate Change, and it an obvious hoax. Vegetarianism is not healthy. You have no genuine reasons to do such a drastic senseless thing. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

then don;t eat any meat or animal products

• 3 months ago

You should cut the chicken too.  It's not healthy to eat it.  The poor chickens live through torture and they are artificially fattened, which benefits only the farmer who raised them.  Cut it out cold turkey if you can.  Speaking of turkey, if you can't cut it out completely, turkey and New Zealand lamb is the healthiest meat.  New Zealand has the highest standards in the world.  The U.S. has probably the lowest standards.  Eat nuts and seeds, and sweet potatoes for a meat replacement.

• Megumi
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

There is no effective meat replacement. You know nothing about farmers. 

• Anton
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

First the meat industry is * NOT * responsible for global warming.

What the problem is the increasing human population.

Second, to have a more healthy diet, you need diet that includes meat.

Whatever,   IMHO, the best way to cut anything is cold turkey.   Just stop.

Vegetarian isn't too unhealthy, as you can keep eating eggs and dairy.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Get a bunch of cats and stop taking showers.

• 3 months ago

As someone who thinks vegetarianism isn’t a great diet, I would recommend cutting red meat first and eating things like chicken and fish. This way your body will have less side affects at the beginning, and then start eating less and less meat. And if you are going to go all the way I’d recommend keeping fish in your diet like some vegetarians do, but it’s completely up to you just don’t go all the way at the beginning, I know a lot of people who tried to go all in and ended up just giving up after a couple weeks.

• 3 months ago

just dont eat meats then

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.