Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

How do elderly women (past age 25) deal with the fact that they age so much faster than men?

And then talk about it like it s a good thing to mature faster? According to science a 25 year old woman is equal to an 80 year old man in terms of the body breaking down. So if we are speaking from a purely physical attraction perspective, women have a 3 or 5 year window at most and they're expired? What s the point in even having a girlfriend then?

Update:

Look at all these sexist science deniers. It's an outrage!

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think it depends on how a person takes care of themselves.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

For you that'll never be an issue so I wouldn't worry about it.

• 1 month ago

I don't know how those elderly 25 year olds are still up and about.  Seems like they all ought to be bedridden by then don't you think?

• 1 month ago

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL "Elderly." Somebody in their TWENTIES.  LOLOLOLOL [Wipes away tears of laughter and clutches his chest]. 

Damn it, you made me hurt myself laughin', I strained that pec yesterday and it's been aching.

People in their twenties, of ANY gender, are barely out of diapers. While it's not built-in to the critter, MANY of you won't achieve any kind of a real adulthood until you're forty.

[Pats himself on his bony 64-year-old shoulder, and laughs and laughs at the silly children]

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Incorrect - Balding is a sign of aging and men bald at a much faster and higher rate than women

• 1 month ago

a 25 year old woman = to 80 year old man in body break down?  You really need to disclose source of that research- or rumor. To a near decade close to being 80 year old man- 25 year old female is just out of child stage and has another 25 years before being considered close to 'old' .  Body breakdown at 80, yes- known as 'old Age' Bible states the days of mans life is 3 score and ten, some may live longer but will have some aches and pains so 'Breakdown at 80 ' fits bible warning. Your perspective of 'Old Woman' seems to that of 12 year old Troll. 

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

By living (in the West, on average) 5 years longer.

Clearly you have a pretty whacked out view of aging.

They may APPEAR to age more quickly, but that has a lot to do with how society views women's appearance.  We find a dash of grey in a man's hair sexy, but find the same in women as aging.

• 1 month ago

So the fact that women have a mean life expectancy seven years greater than men's fits in with your fantasy how?

• Bill
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

What purpose does those seven more years serve exactly? You're old, your body stopped working as it should several decades ago, and your jacked up on medications for all the health conditions you have. I can't say why that is point to brag about. lol

• sian
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Absolute bulls**t. We mature faster physically and mentally in our earlier years but not later on. Men catch up. And our libido remains longer than a man's - it's just our ability to have kids that goes.

• Bill
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Lol. Libido goes about the same pace for men and women, silly child. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A 25 year old woman is not equal to an 80 year old man, or even a 35 year old man. And people don't "expire" till they are dead. I guess this strange rationale is what happens when you can't get a girlfriend. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.