When your home-abode is empty, do you always leave a single electric light-on ,these,s dark winter nights?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

If I'm coming home to a dark house, yes. I leave the under counter lights on dim. Then again, they are pretty much like that after dark home or not.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

@Diane: that's what *I* thought, yet "y" suggested that his are beneath the counter, rather than above.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have a florescent light in my stove hood that I keep on 100% of the time.

I have a lamp in my living/dining room, with a LED light bulb that is on a timer.  It goes on at dusk, and turns off at midnight.

I have outlet covers on several of my outlets throughout the house. They have down pointing LED lights that are light sensitive that automatically turn on and off.

With this set up, I can walk around my house at night without having to turn lights on and off to see where I am going.

I particularly like the LED outlet lights and the florescent light in the kitchen because they are low light and do not "wake me up" when I get up in the middle of the night for a glass of water or to use the bathroom. 

For forty years, my lights are used for my own convenience and if it has helped prevent a break in, then that is a little bit of alright. 

Howsoever, when I am on vacation, I do set up lights on timers throughout the house.  

I am a single woman.  I shopped at the Good Will and bought two pairs of the biggest men's size shoes I could find.  These are often kept just outside my door along with a badass spiked dog collar.LOL

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

not sure why  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't. My neighbors do, and it looks so unconvincing that it is no wonder they have ended up being burgled.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

With interior lights on, an intruder is easier to see walking around, when the house is supposed to be unoccupied.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I have an air fresher that has an automatic light so it turns on when the room gets dark. 

Leaving a light on is just a waste of electricity and  I waste enough electricity as it is now. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.