Which pictures are better? 😎 Pictures of sunrise 🌞 or sunset? 🌚?

I've moved recently. My new place has a master bedroom with lots of windows, facing east. Forget to close the curtains at night, and sunrise wakes you up. Right now, it's about the time I get up anyway, so I'm deliberately leaving them open, and I often take a few minutes to stand at the window and watch things go from purple to peach to pink and finally to orange as the sun crests the horizon.

I've seen a lot of sunsets, but IMO, sunrise is far more spectacular.

FWIW, where I've lived in the past, part of what made a spectacular sunset was just the right type and amount of air pollution. Copper mining, for instance, is bad for the environment but good for sunsets.

Both can be nice depending on your perspective.

• Frank

Neither are inherently better or worse than the other. However I think that beaches facing east make for better sunrise images since the Sun will be over the water at that time.Β  The same can be said for sunsets on west-coast areas as the Sun will be over the horizon at that time as well.

In the end, if the photographer knows how to make a compelling image, it simply makes little difference.

• Mark

Most people see sunsets because they aren't awake when the sun comes up, but sunrises show a different landscape that you would never see.

• Wafy1 month agoReport

I am with your opinion completely 🀩πŸ’ͺ