Does the Bible say that the earth will be destroyed?

I heard there will be a new earth. What would happen to the old one

• 1 month agoReport

REMEMBER, HOW YAHOO AND FACEBOOK FAMILY DIES FOR THE ONE NAMED WOO - HAN
      (Google "Danny Woo vk"; in Bing for book of life, A science book that dont exist in human world)

Read and re-read Rev and perhaps one will begin to understand what the writer is trying to get out to the public. The writer was of the family that wrote the NT, and his father, a powerful man with close ties to the emperor, wanted one of his grandsons to become emperor, but the Rev writer felt that his grandson should be next. He was killed for writing Rev because in it one can clearly learn who played god and who played Jesus etc. This was serious business and the REV writer's was married to Hadrian sister, but Hadrian had him killed.  It is all superstition that which is in the bible.  A god needs no bible. The rest of the NT was written for another reason, an attempt to stop the Sicarii revolts by trying to make them think the Messiah the OT had taught them had arrived.  The invented character Jesus was not the Messiah that the Sicarii were waiting to arrive. Wake up up people!  Christianity is but a religion invented as all other religions were invented.

• 1 month agoReport

Not that I remember

• 1 month agoReport

• yesmar

No, it doesn’t.

Source(s): Jesus follower
    • 1 month agoReport

God's purpose in creating the earth is clear in several places, significantly in the first chapter of Genesis, where he told Adam and Eve to "be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it."

Humans made bad choices, and they and the earth are suffering because of it.  However, the Bible indicates that God's purpose to have the earth filled with righteous people has not changed.

God did not destroy the earth when he brought the flood, he ended the lives of those who were ruining it.  He knew that there will be people who will be obedient to him and who will seek righteousness.  For their sake, the earth remained.

God can ensure that his purpose will be fulfilled:

"From the beginning I foretell the outcome,And from long ago the things that have not yet been done.I say, ‘My decision will stand,And I will do whatever I please.’

Isaiah 40:10

also,

"For just as the rain and the snow pour down from heaven  

And do not return there until they saturate the earth,

making it produce and sprout,  

Giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,

So my word that goes out of my mouth will be.   

It will not return to me without results,   

But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight,   

And it will have sure success in what I send it to do."

Isaiah 55:10-11

Jesus' words did not mean that God intended to destroy heaven and earth.  He meant that "for truly I say to YOU that "no sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place."  Matthew 5:18

Matthew 24:35 was made clearer by this previous verse from Matthew 5: 18,

indicating the sureness of the fulfillment of all things that God and Jesus Christ said.

Similarly, Peter's statement 2 Peter chapter 3:3-7, that many quote about the fire consuming the earth, could only be clarified by looking at the context:

3 First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”

5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water.

7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.

------

Notice that the world was destroyed by water, yet the earth continued.  In the same way, the fire that is coming will be for the DESTRUCTION OF THE UNGODLY PEOPLE.

It seems like some feel that wicked humans and their wicked reasonings can change God's plans. That is giving wickedness more power than righteousness, and it gives Satan more power over God than he could possibly have.  Those who think that way should seriously recognize the gross wrongness in that reasoning.

God's purpose for mankind and the earth will NOT be thwarted by the wickedness of UNGODLY people.  Those people will be destroyed in the coming war of Armageddon.  Revelation 16:16

• 1 month agoReport

This is one of those subjects where you could stick to one set of scriptures to say "No" or, you could stick to another set of scriptures to say "Yes". But there's no contradiction when both sets of scriptures are held together, in balance. That's the only way to arrive at spiritual truth. But those who are determined to live forever on a paradise Earth (according to their interpretation of things) adamantly refuse to face up to how Jesus said "Heaven and earth SHALL pass away but my words will not pass away (Mark 13:31). Then there's the prophesy about the Day of the Lord coming as a thief and "the heavens with a rushing noise will pass away, and the elements with burning heat will be dissolved and earth and the works in it shall be burned up." Then God will create a NEW heavens and Earth, in which righteousness will dwell. (2 Peter 3:10-13, expanding on Isaiah 65:17.) Some people dismiss that because they are so determined their Bibles will not say that this planet will be destroyed. Sigh. 

• antonius

The bible is comic parodies, especially that NT hocus-pocus nonsense.  A second coming, it is all fantasy being used on those who will chose to accept to be  used by nothing but lies that is claimed to be truth without one speck of evidence..

• TeeM

No.

(Genesis 8:21, 22) “. . .So Jehovah said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground on man’s account, for the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up; and never again will I strike down every living thing as I have done. 22 From now on, the earth will never cease to have seed-sowing and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, and day and night.””

Many will mistranslate and misunderstand what Peter wrote.

But this earth will remain forever.

.

• 1 month agoReport

"Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them" (Jer 5:14)!

SPIRITUAL FIRE!

I don't know how to keep telling people this, but TRUE Christians are SUPPOSED TO BE 

creating the new heaven and the new earth from His 

((("POWER))) we received after Holy Spirit baptism" (Acts 1:5; 8) 

With HIM working through us [Philippians 2:13] creating a new atmosphere in the SAME earth!

6 “I, the Lord, have called you and given you (((POWER))) [Received after Holy Spirit baptism; Acts 1:5; 8]

to see that justice is done on earth.

Through you I will make a covenant with all peoples;

through you I will bring light to the nations.

7 You will open the eyes of the blind

and set free those who sit in dark prisons" (Isaiah 42:6-7; GNT)!.

“I tell you,” He replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out” (Luke 19:40)!@

• 1 month agoReport

• Paul

Yes, as does science.

No.   It says "world without end."   Jesus will rule and reign on the renewed earth.  It says God hung the earth on nothing and it says that God protects the earth by His power.  The seasons will not stop until Christ Jesus comes back.  It is the unbelievers who need to worry, because the wrath of God will be poured out on them and then He will renew all things.  The devil and fallen angels have come down to the earth and God's wrath destroys them and then Satan is chained for a thousand years and released  for a little while.  This is the amazing part of the Bible, but even with Jesus reigning on the earth some will still rebel.

• 1 month agoReport