Do videogames cause violence?

im writing an essay and i need evidence

I'm arguing that they do

my claim is that most crimes today are caused by video games

I would say it does in some cases depending on the game and the person playing it. Some videogames may help to awaken the sleeping beast thats already inside the indovidual. Just like not everyone who smokes get cancer or get addicted but there's always that one person or as today there are many people now addicted to smoking ang getting cancer today from it. As im also sure there are more people playing games today sp like cancer im sure it's having a negative effect on certain infividuals. Not all but some. Some people get their ideas of muder from a simple tv show or movie they watched that showed murders in them. The world today is trying to release the beast inside of everyone using different tactics because not ever person will be triggered to murder because of murder scense but they will get you one way or another because everyone of us has that one thing that triggers us to be evil in some way. Weather it be sexual scense to get you to become a porn addict. Some rape scense trigger some people to want to rape someone some robbery scense trigger some to be theifs some adulty scense trigger some people to commit adultry. See we all have something different that will trigger us to sin but not all of us are triggered by the same sin. I mean thats why Jesus saud not to love the world or the things of the world. This world is set up to unleash the beast of wanting to sin insids of you. Its set up to trigger you to do the things God hates. Its not just innocent entertainment. God absolutely hates it.

• Stanley

Some live sexually immoral all because they saw a few sexualized images on the internet. Was there sexual immorality before the internet? Obviously. But the internet greatly enhances it seeing that it's just one click away and it pops up even  even if you weren't looking.

No. It can encourage it though like all things: movies, books, videos, even people etc. It all depends on the mental health of the person succumbing to that violence. Trust me, I've played shooter video games all my life even the COD mission "no Russian" (if you know you know) and I can guarantee you I didn't feel like shooting up an airport or let alone even a bug to that matter.

No, I let my son play video games and he's a straight A kid.

• yes          

• Mercy
  • Hockey

No, they do not.

• Fuhr

PacMan caused me to eat every round shaped object that I came across in the 80's.  God forbid if I ever saw a cherry.

• jimmy

No more than violent books, movies, or t.v. shows.

No, the American government and military does!!!!