Can I leave screw holes in apartment?

I'm in California and I can only find ppl mention "nail holes" but how big? I know I'll have to patch up the M8 TV mount holes but what about regular screw holes I used to hang a clock or painting?

I think you should take her with you

No you shouldn’t, because ants and rats

For the purpose of your lease, a nail hole and a screw hole are IMPOSSIBLE to tell apart.

That said if you are patching ANY holes, hitting the small ones is BARELY an afterthought.

you would patch a screw hole the same way you would patch a nail hole. With a bit of spackle, or plaster. Any holes you put in the walls of your rental should be patched and painted when you move. Your landlord isn't trying to distinguish between nails and screws--he or she is trying to tell you that you need to patch whatever holes you put in the walls. 

You can leave them, or leave the screw in the hole or use white toothpaste (which works on a white wall) as the toothpaste just dries up like filler.  Just smooth with your finger...and it is hardly noticeable.

Whoa...check your rental agreement.

Some agreements specifically list what you must do before checking out. One that I checked out of for my mum in law specifically said that the apartment walls would be repatched and repainted after we left.

Oh wait, I just thought of another one that I helped a person check out. That one also repainted and repatched. All we had to do was move out the furniture and personal belongings.

My point, check the agreement. You might not need to do all that patching and stuff.

small amount of patch will fill those and you'll have that on hand when you do the tv mount holes

• martin

Technically, the screw holes count too, but the issue is more the size of the hole.

Yes, you have to fix those too. You need to leave the apartment in the same condition as when you moved in. Anything you leave undone will have to be fixed by the landlord before they can re-lease the apartment, and is paid for by your security deposit.

Holes are holes

• Lv 7

words to live by