Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Do you think it is hard to find replacement parts for a HP Steam notebook?

I forgot the exact model for this laptop. By the looks of it, I need to replace the keyboard and battery.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Laptops, unlike desktops are not designed to be repaired by a novice. The Keyboard is only going to fit the correct laptop it was designed for, and any other make will not be compatible. Because of that you will be heavily ripped off on the prices because they know you can't go anywhere else.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes.  It would be impossible as there's no such notebook as a HP Steam.  There is, however, a HP Stream notebook.

What I would say is, if you don't know which specific model of HP Stream notebook it is that you have, you're going to find it just as impossible as keyboards and batteries are model specific. i.e. what fits one notebook may not fit another, even for the same brand of Notebook computer.

• 1 month ago

keyboards are expensive and delicate to get installed correctly. consider just getting a new laptop

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

why would you want to waste money on it. those Steam netbooks suck.

invest in a decent PC. worth the extra kool-aid points...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You can't just put any keyboard and battery in it. Those parts aren't universal. You need to know the exact model. The model number is extremely easy to find, it's probably right in front of you. Since you don't even know enough to know how to find the model number please, please, please, do not attempt changing the keyboard yourself. Let someone that knows what they're doing do it. There are a lot of tiny, fragile, parts jammed in small, compact places and tiny screws in a laptop that are easily broken, lost, or damaged that need to be removed and put back in to replace a keyboard on a laptop. A laptop doesn't come apart by just going at it yanking things off, prying it apart. You're likely to break it and make the situation worse. 

Let a professional do this for you. Don't take the risk(s). 

• 1 month ago

Turn the laptop over and look for the HP tag. (Sometimes you need to take out the battery to find it.) the tag will have the model number, and you can then search for replacement parts online.  Most HP laptops are easy to find part, whether a parts distributor or on Ebay.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why are you asking for opinions? Chat question alert

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.