Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Can I feel pregnancy symptoms 5 days after sex?

Ok so last Thursday I got my birth control taken out I had the mirena , I had it in for four years so as soon as I got home I told my boyfriend I wanna start trying , so we had sex then the next day I started to ovulate and then we had sex again. Since Saturday I’ve been feeling sick and my nipples have been tingling and I’ve had light spotting and cramping .. like I really think I’m pregnant but I don’t wanna keep thinkin this and going crazy then in two weeks I find out I’m not pregnant soo if any one can help please do!!!!

No, you cannot.  That's just common sense.  Basic Reproduction 101 - it takes up to about five days for conception to even happen.  From there it takes seven to ten days for implantation to happen.  From there it takes several days for hCG to build up enough to cause the first "symptom" of pregnancy - a missed period.  

• Edna

You can not feel any pregnancy symptoms 5 days after sex - NOT ONE!!!  5 days after having sex, you wouldn't even BE pregnant yet.  

You wouldn't ovulate the next day after you had Mirena removed either. You never ovulated during the 4 years you had Mirena in place, and regular ovulation wouldn't return only one day after having it removed.

• Edna

Go back on some form of hormonal birth control, and then you won't have to go crazy every month.

• Sariah

Oh you can feel s/s of PMS, not preggo.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrauterine_device

Only in your overly active imagination.

• china1 month agoReport

Right!!!! I really have thought so much about it I was believing it 🥴

No.

----------

All of your symptoms are very likely related to having mirena removed.  Your body is adjusting to the change in hormone levels.

It is extremely unlikely that ovulation happened that soon after stopping birth control.  The goal of birth control is to STOP ovulation and it is unlikely your body had the right hormone balance to ovulate again that soon after stopping birth control.  

There are NO pregnancy symptoms that early in pregnancy.  Pregnancy symptoms are caused by pregnancy hormones.  If you aren't getting a positive pregnancy test, then the hormones for pregnancy are not strong enough to be causing all those symptoms.  BUT - stopping birth control WOULD be a reason to have all those symptoms.

If you are really ready for a baby, then keep trying.  Have sex at least once every three days.  Sperm can live for up to five days, so sex every three days should keep a good supply ready for when ovulation does happen.

When  you are having sex on a regular basis, and you wouldn't know when to actually expect a period because of stopping birth control, you should test for pregnancy once every two weeks until you either get a positive test or a period.  Take the first pregnancy test when it  has been 30 days after stopping the birth control.  Once you have a period, you will have a starting point for when to expect the next period and then you can wait for the missing period before testing again.

• china1 month agoReport

Thank u!!!

• MissA

No.

I find it extraordinarily unlikely that you ovulated a day after removal of the mirena.

• Tri-Harder

Really... and how did he determine that?  Because unless he did a series of blood tests and then ultrasounds to confirm it, he can't tell either.