Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Are all Level 7 users point gamers?

That's harsh, Trish.    No, not all level 7's are point gamers. 

On my first account here,  before I even KNEW what  "point gaming" was......way back when,  my BA average ratio  was 16%   and I can prove it. 

Weasel McWeasel all that & chips

Points : 35166 (This week: 0)

Answers : 8255

Best Answers : 16%

But that account was attacked relentlessly,   (because I was a TC in Politics and Elections)........ and suspended, and then .re-instated several times,  and then finally suspended for good. 

On my second account,  it was the *EXACT* same story.....a solid 16% BA ratio......attacked repeatedly,   suspended and re-instated, repeatedly....and finally suspended for good , again. 

When I came back with this account.......(fully expecting to go thru the whole process again!).......no one was  more more stunned than I was, when I passed my old record of 35,000 pts...... and just kept going.  When  I hit 100,000 pts......with my account WIDE OPEN to ALL,   for all to see that NO POINT gaming was  going on......and all BA's  were coming from  known users.........I was still  stunned. 

and my BA ratio was in the low 20's.....for years.  No cheating. 

But only thru numerous format changes,  and different rules.......like allowing people to leave questions open forever..........and taking away voting,  leaving questions open  forever, without *ever* closing them out........needless to say,  those rule changes,  started seeing my BA ratio drop.......as I kept answering,  but fewer and fewer people even bothered closing out their questions. ......and now that the dust has settled , years later still........my BA ratio,    certainly NOT to my surprise.....has settled back into the same exact range as the first two accounts..............17%. 

That has been a near constant since the DAY I joined this site,  12 years ago. 

It is a combination of giving  GOOD, solid  LENGTHY answers.......(such as this one!)   instead of one word point gaming answers.........

and also developing friends and contacts over 12 years,  that tend to award me  BA's  more often  because they are fans of my writing style and funny stories, and witty answers.   It's a completely legit number, and it's been constant , for years. 

At my HIGHEST ever...I maintained a 24% BA ratio for awhile.  But no matter how much I answered, or how GREAT my answers were......I never once cracked 25%  Not once.    24% was the highest I ever saw. 

So in my personal opinion.......when you get to 25, 26, 27%........okay, maybe. 

but when you are answering  tens of thousands of questions.....and your answers are nothing spectacular.........yet you're sporting BA ratio's over 30%.........

I'm sorry.......but I consider those point gamers.   I can believe up to 24-25 %  as I've done it myself.......and that was during the age of self voting.   Anyone  *still*  maintaining  over  25%.....is awarding themselves  BA's. 

and once you get past 30, 40%........don't stand there and claim you are not cheating.........yes, you damn sure are.   I've been here 12 years.....this is not my first rodeo.  You don't get a million points, with a 30% BA ratio and claim that's not from cheating.    You damn sure did not get a BA  one out of every 3 or 4 answers. 

I will never believe that,  no matter what OBSCURE category they claim they got them from. 

You can also easily SEE the users  who every single BA they get is clearly from  "Anonymous".     Again......obvious point gaming. 

So don't lump up us all in together.........some of us, play fair here........and the cheaters, are obvious. 

of course not,  Why would you think that?

• .

No. I fail to see how that info helps you or anyone else. Some users at all levels are point gamers, and some aren't. 

Level 7 is the one level that doesnt need more points

• Daniel

No not all Level 7 users are Point Gamers

No, not all of them are.

• Zirp

No, and once you are level 4 having more points won't make a difference anyway

i would hope not,im not

I don't even know what that means...so no.

No, when I had a level seven account it took a long time to get to that level, without any sock accounts. They've pretty much stopped most of the multi accounts now, each new account must register a new phone number and respond with the phone, sure you could use all your friends phones but that would get tiresome, it used to be that anyone could make an account with no verification, now it isn't.

No. Many got their points by helping people.