Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

If an employee who works 9 to 5 (1-hr. lunch) is dismissed from jury duty, punches in@12, & works ‘til 7, is he paid for 1 hour of jury duty?

Keep in mind his employer gives paid time off for jury duty.  While I am aware that a full day of jury is paid the full seven hours by employer, I’m just wondering how that works with early dismissals.  In the event that employee ends up having to stay late at work the day he was dismissed, would his employer only pay him the difference to equal 7 hours, as opposed to paying him for 9 hours:

Jury duty: 9am to 12pm

Work: 12pm to 7pm (minus lunch)

That would depend on the employer's policies regarding jury duty.

• DON W

Generally with most employers, you have the day off, period, even if you are excused early from the court.  Few will expect you to show up at work that day.  The note that the court provides certifying your duty for the day is very unlikely to give the exact hours.

While I believe in honesty, I think you may be opening a can of worms with what you are describing.

i think jury duty pays you seperate for doing it