Assignment Ideas for my Photography Class?

I have an assignment for my photography class where I have to take a photograph that “speaks up” against the themes of sentimentality, exoticism, and wonderment in photography. The photograph either has to be a self portrait or a portrait of at least one other person. 

I was thinking of trying to do something with a satirical view, but I could also do something more serious.

Do you guys have any ideas?

if the goal is not to include sentimentality, exoticism and wonderment, I would think it means to take a picture of a person who does not appear interesting or unusual (the person does not provoke thoughts of exotic, wonder or sentiment)

I've never liked taking pictures of myself, always feels better to put people in situations and picture them.  I'd suggest asking a family member or friend out to do something, with the knowledge that you want to take pictures. While getting food, or going to a park, just take tons of pictures. My teacher always told me to focus on composition, and we did all our shots in black and white. Which I think is good to do, but if you have the option of color, look for interesting contrasts. 

A fountain with light, windows reflecting onto someone, bright foods. This is broad though, I would say that actual shape of the photo, where you're standing is good to think about too, experiment with your angles. 

I wish you luck, hope it helps.