Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How Can I Lose 20 Pounds?

And don't be rude. I'm trying to lose weight and I have tried a lot of things that don't help. I try to exercise at least 4 times a weeks and I've been trying to cut down what I eat. Any tips?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Well you're doing good already then but to lose weight you have to avoid junk food or at least limit to once or a twice a week. A cheat meal is better than a cheat day because it can undo a week of hard work and being in a caloric deficit and staying consistent with working out is really what's gonna make the biggest difference which you're already doing really well with that and they say if you eat carbs to wait until the end of the day to do that because even the best carbs to glucose in the body and tell it to stop burning fat but if that's not a problem then eat carbs after your workout if you want because it's also about reducing your overall calorie intake. 

This is what messes some people up is they sometimes train too much or too hard and they completely overestimate how much they burn and that's how they end up not losing weight is because they eat all of those calories back so if you can make sure you're not doing that then you'll be good to go and maybe if you don't want to count calories without help download lose it. 

It will really help you track how much you're consuming. Also make sure that your deficit is 500 calories. You eat 500 less calories than you normally would to lose weight. Sorry this was long but I was trying to explain the best I could. Hope this helps and good luck on your fitness journey. EDIT: also make healthy versions of what you would normally eat. That's also really sustainable and helpful. Good luck!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cut off a limb  

• 1 month ago

Less eating and more walking the 2 important factors of weight lose. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on your body, a good mixture of a healthy diet and exercise to keep your heart rate up a few times a week is always great! Cutting down (gradually!) on

added

sugar is where most Americans can really improve their diet. For me I replaced my coffee creamer with sweet cream, I don’t drink sodas, but I indulge myself with icecream. If you cut sugar out completely you most likely will cave at some point and go on a binge. Simply find healthy alternatives to not so healthy snacks, and go on a hike outdoors! Find something that’s not only right for you but realistic. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Hockey
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Go see a doctor and a dietician.

• Sally
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Never eat GMO food. 

Source(s): www.DrGlidden.com
  • 1 month ago

There's only two ways to safely lose weight. Watch what you eat and exercise.

Going at it half-assed just means your weight loss is going to be half-assed. You need to come at this using your brain.

Step 1: Cut out any and all fried foods, sweets, processed foods, sugary sodas and anything bad for you.

Step 2: Load up on veggies, have some whole grains and lean meats including poultry and fish.

Step 3: Figure out your BMR, Base Metabolic Rate, and activity level. This will give you the calories you need to maintain your weight. Now reduce that amount and eat less than you require. I always suggest starting at 500 calories less. So if your BMR and activity level say 2300 calories you need to only eat 1800 calories. This can result in a weight loss of 1 pound a week.

Step 4: Do cardio. Do lots of cardio. At a minimum 30 minutes a day. Every day. Aim for an hour if you can or split it up into two periods of 30 minutes. For six days you need to do it at a high enough intensity that your heart rate is elevated. We're talking over 120 beats a minute here. Not enough that it feels you're going to pass out but enough that you feel it. On the 7th day you do low intensity like take a long walk. Repeat this cycle and keep upping the intensity when it gets to be too easy.

Step 5: Keep with it. Too many diet and exercise plans stop after a week to 10 days. You're not going to see results right away. It takes time to safely lose the weight. There are no short cuts. Also for the first month weigh yourself at the start and then wait a month before weighing yourself again. Then once a week if you absolutely need to. Judge your weight loss by how you feel and how your clothes fit. The scale doesn't necessarily lie but your weight can fluctuate by a couple pounds each day depending on how much you've eaten and how much you've pooped.

Good luck.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Make a lifestyle change. 80% of fat loss is about what you eat, so that’s more important than exercise. Any "diet" you go on may help you lose some weight but you'll tend to gain it back if you go back to your previous ways. Unhealthy diets also can cause weight loss of tissue other than fat (such as muscle, especially if your calorie intake is too low). Use a site like freedieting.com to determine about what your calorie intake should be (look for the Daily Calorie Needs calculator link on the left side of their home page). You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats and and plenty of water. Keep your calories at a healthy level when working to lose fat. Cardio exercise is ideal for burning some extra calories. If you don't have an exercise program you want to use, youtube has TONS of fitness videos you can check out, not to mention just getting outdoors and going for a walk, run, or bike ride. When you reach your goal, simply modify your calorie intake and/or exercise to allow you to maintain your weight instead of continuing to lose. 

How to lose weight has been asked/answered here in various ways, literally THOUSANDS of times. That's why there's a search feature at the top of the page. There should be no need for anyone to type another answer to that question, because all the information is already available, if you just do a quick search.

Good luck!

• 1 month ago

Try Leptitox, find it here https://bit.ly/2V0hhgF and make sure you read the information below.

For starters, this is a tested and proven dietary supplement that addresses the true cause of resistance to leptin and belly fat – both which are major factors behind poor weight loss results. It reprograms the hypothalamus and the natural baseline to unlock the release of fats.The supplement was created by Morgan Hurst together with other scientists and includes detoxifying nutrients and plant extracts. All ingredients in this product are natural and will accelerate fat burning without causing any unpleasant effects. Regarding the safety of the Leptitox, you don’t have to worry because the supplement is GMP-certified and meets all the appropriate health standards.How Does Leptitox Work?The fat cells in your body secrete a natural hormone called leptin that helps to regulate hunger. This supplement works by detoxifying your body to remove specific toxins which in turn helps your body’s fat cells to release more leptin. This hormone then informs the brain that you should not eat.Having too many toxins could force your body to develop leptin resistance meaning the brain does not get a signal to stop eating. This supplement will improve your body’s ability to work optimally, and promote weight loss. Leptitox also destroys all the fat cells and chemicals that disrupt endocrine functioning.What are the benefits of Leptitox?This supplement will help you shed off excessive fats naturally by limiting its production in the body.In addition to helping you with weight loss, Leptitox also keeps your blood pressure in check.This product also helps to enhance your brain and your ability to fight stress.All the ingredients used are natural and have been tested for effectiveness and also to ensure the supplement comes with no side effects.The supplement is a lot more affordable than most weight loss strategies you might think of. You don’t need to join pricey gyms or change your current diet to lose those stubborn fats and weight. For as low as $33 per bottle when bought in a pack of six or $49 when you buy one bottle, this is truly great value for money when looking to shed excess weight.Leptitox comes with an iron-clad 60-day money back guarantee to help you try out the product risk-free.

• kelvin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

scam troll advertising is not allowed as answers

• 1 month ago

just keep doing what youre doing and if it dont work maybe you need to get your thyroid checked

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.