Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How come i don’t believe I’m attractive but other people think I am?

Low self esteem maybe? I had a friend who was the same, he started changing his opinion about himself as he got older though and being more confident in his interactions with people?

• Alan H

That seems like advertising your attraction to us 

• John1 month agoReport

How the f*ck do I advertise my attraction without showing myself? Stupid a$$

Are you female?  Maybe when you say you're not, they think that you want them to disagree.

• John1 month agoReport

No I’m male

• Raja

That is because you are such a simple and unassuming person you do not want to form a self opinion about yourself.That is a job for others.

• J.D.S.

It is quite common for people not to be satisfied with their own appearance. For example, people may wish that they had a different hair colour, height, nose shape, eye colour etc... However, if you commonly get told that you are attractive (whether if you like your own personal appearance or not) then it is a good bet that you ARE considered attractive.

Probably because you're not all that content with yourself ?

Because you're not seeing what the other people are.

• tony

go to ur mirror hon...Perhaps you don't believe people because of how you see yourself? Maybe they see you as an attractive person but youlistening to ur inner critic...Drop everything…n then listen to ppl saying that ur attractive…u will feel that….yes, they are telling the truth.

Source(s): behold

I hate to go full shrink, but the deal is your ego is your worst enemy. Your ego is instrumental in shrinking your self-worth. What helped me tame my ego was doing a self-aggrandizing monologue in the shower every morning. I recounted my victories and compared them to chance and to a mythical average. I was often among the few who could have accomplished that challenge. And it worked. Tame you ego. Admit that you are attractive, and that you are indeed a rare beauty.

This may not be true in your case but many people tend to believe they look better than they do.